Louis Vuitton Bicolor Monogram Empreinte Leather
Mini Pochette Accesories
Disclaimer: This is my subjective opinion. Disagreements and respect are not mutually exclusive. They can co-exist. ^^
- Price: 690 USD (however I paid around 750 USD)
- Purchase Location: Louis Vuitton boutique, South Korea
- Dimensions: 6.1 x 4.1 x 1.6 inches
- Material: Cowhide leather, microfiber lining
- Chain: Not detachable
- Purpose: To use it as a wallet
- Limited Edition: I don't know. I am inclined to beleive it is not. It seems that LV might be replacing the canvas mini-pochettes with leather ones. And the brand has basically just released it's first test-runner.
- Versatility- It is very multifunctional
- You can use it as a wallet or a catchall
- You can carry it as a wristlet, crossbody, clutch, pouch, or a bag charm on larger bags
- In my opinion it's a pretty unique pouch in the market of pouches
- It fits more than you would expect, or maybe that's the result of my lower expectations
- It doesn't take up as much room in your handbags as some of the other pouches might
- It's very cute and comes in various designs to suit everyone's personal taste
- Expensive: Brand new or pre-loved. ]
- It will not fit most smart phones
- It is in my opinion on the smaller side
- ^ I feel like even if your carrying your basic nesccesities, there won't be any room to spare for most people using this
- The inner lining is prone to stains depending on the color
- I don't know if this is simply marketing or really the truth. But for the most part these mini pochettes are very inaccessible to purchase directly from the boutique.
- ^This leads to a very high markup on the mini pochettes in the pre-loved market
- For example, this very piece is retailing from anywhere between 900-2000$ in the pre-loved market. That's like a 40% profit margin, and just the start of it too.
I have purchased a total of three mini pochettes this year, and I love each and every single one of them. I plan to purchase two more in the distant future of 2022-2023. And after that, that will be all I will have in my collection. I am aware it's quite a bit, but trust me it could be worse.
For me these pieces are very useful in my daily life, therefore worth it (not monetarily) but rather in its usability for me. I think the monetary worth of this product is entirely subjective, so I won't comment on that aspect at all. I will only say this, all luxury products are objectively speaking over priced.
Long story short, buy this pochette if it is actually the something you really want to try out for itself. Watch the review videos to see how much it fits and how can it be styled. And if you find those aspects of this SLG worthwhile, I am sure you will love the mini pochette as much as I do mine. Quite frankly, I am obsessed.
But do not buy it if your first reaction to the mini pochette was negative. Also refrain from buying it, if you believe this can be an entryway piece into the brand. I feel like the price of the mini pochette is a huge chunk towards that dream bag. Don't settle for the lesser valued product just because the dream bag seems far away. Been there, done that. It rarely helps.
Last but not the least. I bought this already knowing how I was going to use this pochette. If you really don't have a reason or know how you're going to use the mini pochette. Then I think that's one of the two biggest reasons why you should refrain.