Creators on Vocal are more than just users; they're our partners. So to make keeping track of your earnings easier, we’ve created Wallet. Wallet helps you keep track of the funds you have generated, including earnings from reads and tips.
In order to enable Wallet, you must complete two steps: connect Stripe and publish your first story. If you need help learning how to connect Stripe, click here. If you need help creating your first story, click here.
What's in my Wallet?
Wallet is the home for all your earnings on Vocal. Your Wallet keeps track of the following:
- Reads displays the views and engagement you have received from your stories, and how much that's generated in earnings.
- Withdrawn keeps track of how much money you have withdrawn from your earnings into your Stripe account.
- Current Balance shows you how much money you currently have available in your Vocal account. In order to request a withdrawal, you must generate at least $35.
- Tips keeps track of the micro-transactions you have received. Tips do not show in your Current Balance as they are transferred directly into your Stripe account.
- Your Transaction History includes any tips from your audience, withdrawal logs, and weekly earning round-ups.
- We wanted to make it easier for you to see how your stories are performing. Now you can easily track and compare how much you've earned per week.
What’s the difference between Wallet and Stats?
Wallet is all about the money you’ve earned. Stats, on the other hand, gives you more in-depth information about your individual stories and their performance.
On your stats page, you can see the following information:
- Most read gives you insights on your most popular stories. Knowing what your audience wants helps your create and earn more.
- Total reads displays how many reads your stories have received collectively.
- Reads in the last 30 days shows you exactly that: how many reads all of your stories have received together in the past 30 days.
- % change compares your reads from the previous 30 days to the current 30 days. No math required on your part!
- Earnings from reads aggregates how much money you’ve earned from reads across all your stories.
- Published Stories provides a break down of how much each story has earned and how many reads it has. This way, you can understand which stories your audience engage with the most.
We created Wallet and Stats to provide valuable insights so you can create the best stories. Seeing which kinds of topics engage your readers provides you with the tools and guidance to come up with your next great story.