How To Heat Hookah Coals On Electric Coal Burners
| 2021 Guide
Are you wondering how you could heat your charcoal on an electric coal burner? On the web, you would get loads of guides associated with various hookah coals. However, we assume that this is the only content piece posted recently, which tells you about the different facts related to an electric coal burner.
Here, we will lay out the benefits and pitfalls of using a coal burner for your hookah session. There are many things that you would have to consider before heating your hookah charcoal. And also, using a coal burner is not an easy task! Read through this guide to know more about an effective electric coal burner.
- A set of tongs
- Organic hookah coals
- An electric coil stove
- Tray for holding your coals after light
Things To Consider Before Using An Electric Coal Burner
There are a few things that you need to consider before using an electric coal burner. These are as follows:
- Allow the coil to heat up before placing your hookah coils on it. Make sure that you do not turn the coils often in short periods. This will disrupt the heat transfer and prolong the process.
- Make sure that the whole surface of your coal is shining or becomes red. When you light your coals evenly, it will provide constant growth to your hookah smoking session.
- Note that this process is only applicable for electric coal burners. Do not follow these steps for glass or ceramic cookers as the warmth of the coal may crack the stovetops.
- Do not apply these methods while lighting your hookah charcoal. The coals need to be lit equally on your best hookah encounter. It is a normal thing for accidents to occur during the initial phases of using a coal burner. Keep an eye out on the coals, and be cautious with your palms.
Pros Of Using An Electric Coal Burner To Light Your Hookah Charcoals
The following are some of the advantages while using an electric coal burner.
- It provides heat quickly due to the direct contact of this component into the coal.
- This is the most effective approach to light your charcoal since you will not be holding the dirt because it lights up.
- The heat from an electric coal burner is pretty impressive, and you would feel a decent taste encounter with your hookah.
- There is no need for you to manage flying ash since heating delivery is by way of conduction.
Cons Of Using An Electric Coal Burner To Light Your Hookah Charcoals
Apart from the advantages mentioned above, there are a few cons to using an electric coal burner. These are as follows:
- A constant source of power is needed. It has to be plugged in to get a continuous power supply.
- The latest coal burners come with an auto-off feature. After using the burner, you would have to turn off the unit. Yet again, when you want to use it, you would have to get up from your smoking session and turn on the burner.
- Coal burners aren't that cheap. There are a lot of varieties which cost somewhere around $10 to $50.
Having access to an electric coal burner is pretty amazing since it will provide you with a handy way. Moreover, it is safe to use, and there isn't any mess created while using a coal burner.
How To Heat Your Coals On An Electric Coal Burner?
Things might seem pretty easy while using an electric coal burner, yet it isn't. So, it would be best if you keep a few things in mind before heating your coals on an electric coal burner.
- Plugin your electric coal burner and set it to the maximum setting.
- It would be best to wait for some time for the coils and components to shine red throughout. This ensures that there is a proper distribution of heat.
- Grab the charcoal with your hookah tongs and carefully set them apart from one by one.
- Maintain the coals on the component every two minutes before turning them.
- You would also have to rotate the coals once every two minutes to disperse the heat evenly.
- Keep doing this until you achieve a glowing red surface. You would notice that the charcoal has an almost even coating of thin ash around the coals.
- Keep the coals on a tray so that you transfer the heat inside the shisha mix.
The processes as mentioned above might look like it requires a lot of time but trust us when we say this. It would generally take around 5-6 minutes. If you allow a little more time to cook the coals, it will guarantee you an even supply of potentially good quality heat.
How To Heat Your Hookah Charcoal Properly In Your Home?
The best way to cook hookah charcoal properly is by using a coal burner.
However, there are numerous ways by which you can cook hookah charcoal. Since every charcoal has different constituents, there are many things to consider when lighting hookah charcoal in your home. Organic charcoals are the most favorable among other sorts of charcoals. This is because of the absence of odor, flavor, and duration of this session.
However, there is no way by which you can heat natural charcoal in your home. Now, we discuss some tips and techniques about how to begin hookah charcoal in your home correctly.
The appropriate way to light your hookah charcoal at home is to set them on top of your coal burner. They operate off electricity, but the warmth comes from small infrared components. These burners are pretty amazing because of their high heat output and are safe to use.
What should you do when you do not have access to an electric coal burner?
Then, you can also use a gas coal burner which serves as an excellent substitute for electric or infrared burners. However, there is only one disadvantage while using a gas coal burner. Using a gas burner demands constant flipping of their charcoals to stop overheating from 1 side only.
Is It Possible To Cook The Hookah Charcoal In A Pan?
Pans need an immediate source of warmth, like your own stove. So whenever your coals are ready, they will have a subtle, ashy grey shade that looks closer to white at first glance. If you are looking at this at home and have access to a ceramic cooker, you can set them in a pan and warm them accordingly.
However, if you attempt to do so, you might ask yourself, why is my coal stove not getting hot?
The answer is simple. There is an insufficient amount of heat passing through the pan onto the coals. Thus, the coals aren't heated properly, and you are entitled to a lousy smoking session.
Level Of Water In The Hookah
This is our personal recommendation. We follow the basic guidelines, which make us feel like it provides a smooth hookah session. First, pour enough water into the hookah glass. The water needs to be 1 inch or 2.54 inches below water level. This is a sufficient amount of water so that the hookah could be smoked properly.
FAQs on Coal Burners
1. Can electric coal burners light up coals?
Ans: Electric coal burners with a compact size are ideal for lighting natural coal. You can quickly light your hookah charcoal within minutes if you use an electric burner.
2. What should be the level of water in your hookah setup?
Ans: When you add water to your hookah setup, you want to ensure that the bottom of the downstem is submerged anywhere between 1-2 inches into the water. We believe that this is the ideal amount of water for maximum filtration without a restricted draw. You would have to adjust your stem from the base and add an appropriate water level to submerge your downstem properly.
3. How do you heat your hookah charcoal?
Ans: You would have to remove the top grate from the grill, place the chimney inside and place your charcoal on top of the coal burner. But you must wonder how long does it take to burn the coal? When you put the charcoal on top of your coal burner, they're covered with white-gray ash. It takes around 5 to 12 minutes for the coals to get to high heat. Also, it takes approximately 25 to 30 minutes to get to medium heat.
4. Is it possible to light charcoal with the help of a torch lighter?
Yes, torch lighters offer you an easier way to heat your hookah coals. These are the best when you attempt to ignite quick lighting style charcoals or semi-quick lighting coals.
Suppose you're confident in your skills and ability level. In that case, it's possible to earn warmth hookah coals on an electric coal burner if you follow our guide accordingly. We think that this blog will assist you from a beginner to a professional in warmth hookah coals.