Even if the effect is the same as that of any other form of administration, the CBD capsules have to accept some disadvantages compared to the pure oil when taken.
In addition to vaporization, sublingual consumption is also popular. In this case, the oil is simply dripped under the tongue. This guarantees a quick effect through the oral mucosa.
We run into a problem with the capsules: the cannabidiol-containing oil capsules must also be taken orally. Since the active ingredient is absorbed more slowly due to the surrounding capsule, the onset of the effect takes longer. Only in the stomach can the exterior of the CBD capsule dissolve. Here is another of Water Soluble CBD Capsules! It is portable, quick and easy for on the go.
Effects of CBD capsules: do you get high?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is not intoxicating, which means that you won't get high from the CBD capsules. Rather, CBD should be understood as an antagonist to THC and has an inhibiting and calming effect. For this reason, CBD capsules are mainly used to reduce stress and to increase general well-being.
9 common areas of application
Hemp oil is used both for chronic diseases such as osteoarthritis and rheumatism, as well as for acute inflammatory processes. It derives its anti-inflammatory effect from gamma-linolenic acid. Overall, because of its ingredients, hemp oil is against a number of different diseases.
If, in addition to gamma-linolenic acid, CBD comes into play, the spectrum of applications extends to some diseases.
The 9 most common areas of application include :
- Seizures and epilepsy: CBD is an anticonvulsant and has been shown to reduce the frequency of seizures. The FDA recently approved the first CBD drug to treat two forms of epilepsy.
- Chronic Pain: CBD has anti-inflammatory properties and can be used to relieve pain and inflammation in conditions such as arthritis and multiple sclerosis.
- Cancer: CBD has been reported to provide cancer patients with relief from side effects such as pain and insomnia. Recent studies have shown that CBD could actually be beneficial in treating cancer. It was found that, when combined with chemotherapy, the use of CBD in rats with pancreatic cancer tripled their survival rates.
- Heart Disease: CBD's anti-inflammatory properties make it potentially effective in treating heart disease by reducing inflammation and strengthening the cardiovascular system.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma occurs when glutamate causes retinal cells to die. CBD and other cannabinoids have been shown to protect the neurons of the retina.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): According to a study, CBD reduces intestinal inflammation by controlling the neuroimmune system, which connects intestinal microbes, immune and nervous systems.
- Insomnia: People who suffer from insomnia may find relief from CBD. Users usually experience a relaxed, sleepy feeling, and it helps them fall asleep more easily. It may also bring relief to those whose chronic pain is keeping them awake.
- Anxiety and Depression: Studies show that CBD reduces symptoms of depression and a range of anxiety disorders. It activates serotonin receptors in the brain, which contributes to well-being.
- PTSD: CBD may prove effective in providing relief to those with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). One study found that CBD relieved patients with PTSD and helped improve the quality of their sleep.
It takes a little longer for the capsules to work than if the oil is dripped directly into the mouth.
Risks & side effects
Even if hardly any person is affected by a negative effect, we do not want to hide the potential risks. It should be said that even if side effects occur, they are usually very mild.
With all CBD capsules that we list in the test and purchase advice below, risks from contamination or inferior raw materials are excluded. As always, keep out of the reach of children.
Possible side effects include:
Dry mouth: cannabinoids interact with the ECS present in the salivary glands, which can temporarily inhibit saliva production. However, this risk is excluded when taking CBD capsules, as they only release the oil in the stomach.
Blood pressure drops: Higher concentrations of CBD can cause a temporary drop in blood pressure, which can make users feel drowsy. This usually goes away quickly, but those with low blood pressure or those taking antihypertensive drugs should consult their doctors before consuming CBD capsules.
Diarrhoea: CBD capsules with higher doses or too large amounts can lead to diarrhoea as the substance interacts with the digestive system.
Drowsiness: Drowsiness is a desirable effect, especially for those who take CBD capsules to sleep better. Be careful not to drive a vehicle until you understand how CBD affects you.