Migrate Thunderbird to Office 365 Manually with Simple Steps
Best manual method to migrate Thunderbird mailbox emails to Office 365 account.
How to migrate Thunderbird to Office 365 platform? If you have the same query in your search then here I will share a manual process to convert data from Thunderbird to Office 365. With this single method, you can export and upload Thunderbird with all mail and attachments to O365.
We all know that Mozilla Thunderbird stores the data in MBOX and Maildir file format whereas Office 365 allows to import PST files through network upload method. So, our first task is to create a PST file from Mozilla Thunderbird.
How to Export Thunderbird Mailbox to PST?
Follow below method/steps one-by-one to migrate Thunderbird data to Office 365 cloud.
Step 1: Prepare Your Gmail Account
- Go to your Gmail account and click on the gear icon from the top right.
- In the opened window press the option "See All Settings".
- Under IMAP access, click the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab and "Enable IMAP".
- Now open a new tab and search for "less secure apps" >> Select the first option "Sign in - Google Account" and on it.
Step 2: Create Thunderbird Account with Gmail Using IMAP Protocol
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird and under Set up another account, click Email
- Fill in your Gmail account details and click on the Continue button. It automatically authenticates it and configures it with Gmail.
- Now in Mozilla Thunderbird create a new folder under Gmail account and drag all the emails to the new folder which you want to convert to PST format.
Step 3: Configure the same Gmail account with MS Outlook
- Run Microsoft Outlook >> Go to File tab >> Information >> Add Account
- Enter Email Address >> Click on Advanced Options.
- Enable the checkbox, I want to set up my account manually option then click on Connect.
- Select an IMAP account type and fill in the server details
- Account Type IMAP
- Incoming mail server- imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing Mail Server- smtp.gmail.com
- Select SSL in the Encryption Method list and enter 993
- In the Outgoing Email section, enter port 587.
- Click on the Next button to start the configuration.
Note: Enter the same Gmail account details that you use to open the account.
Second method (optional)
This is an optional choice as it does not apply to the latest version of MS Outlook. Also, TB Maildir cannot be used in this process.
- Install and configure Eudora email client and paste Thunderbird mailbox into Eudora mailbox.
- Change its extension such as XYZ.mbox == XYZ.mbx (These are family formats and store the same pattern of data structures.)
- Run Microsoft Outlook and go to the File tab, and then choose Import-Export Tools.
- Select the "Import Internet mail and address" option in the wizard then press the Next button.
- Select "Eudora (2x, 3x, and 4x) Pro & Lite" and Next.
- Browse to the destination of the Eudora mailbox and press Next again.
- Save the destination where you want to store Thunderbird data and then press the Finish button.
When it is complete you will get the PST file at your Outlook mailbox location.
By following the above steps, you will get your Thunderbird data in PST file format. From here, we will follow the network upload method to import PST files into Office 365 account.
Read here: Migrate PST to Office 365
If you need a simple and straightforward solution for Thunderbird to Office 365 migration then you can use MailsDaddy Thunderbird to Office 365 migration Tool.
Alternative solution: Thunderbird to Office 365 Migrator
In the online market, various solutions are available to migrate Thunderbird to Office 365. But for hassle-free and reliable conversion, I would like to share MailsDaddy Thunderbird to Office 365 migration tool. This single solution easily uploads data from Thunderbird to O365, PST, and Live Exchange platforms.
The software has various other features by which users can import bulk, filter, and selective data from Thunderbird profile to Office 365.
In this article, I have explained the manual methods of importing Thunderbird data into Office 365 environment. Hope the information was helpful to you. Please share your feedback in a comment.