10 Bad Ways to Cure Insomnia and Possible Alternatives
3 Herbal Sleep Home Remedies
The number of ridiculous & ineffective "cures" for sleep deprivation—which are being used daily by MILLIONS of people—is WAY more than it should be. Many of these conjectured forms to cure sleeplessness are usually the average case for lowering stress SLIGHTLY and increasing relaxation a little bit. That being said, take a peek down here and find out if you might have been misled by some of these absurd natural home remedies. You might think they work, but they DON'T!
The 10 BAD Steps to Cure Insomnia & Sleep Problems
- Sleeping in Complete, TOTAL Darkness
- Making Your Sleeping Environment Colder
- Using One Or Two Sleeping Medicines Before Bed (Over The Counter Or Prescription)
- Several Minutes of Deep, Controlled Breathing
- Having A Glass of Warm Milk
- Drinking A Cup of Herbal Tea; Chamomile, Valerian, Passionflower, Lavender, Etc.
- Having A Light Snack Before Bed
- Aromatherapy With Candles And Incense
- Using A Face/Eye-mask Every Night
- One 15 Minute Bath (Hot) With Herbal Oils Before Going to Sleep
IMPORTANT NOTE: These 10 techniques & remedies enumerated above could allow you to fall asleep somewhat sooner. Nevertheless, they aren't an accurate means to cure insomnia. Feel free to use them; don't expect a miracle.
The Reason These Treatments Fail...
The main reason that 10 remedies listed above aren't effective ways to cure insomnia is simple as none of them target the true cause of lack of sleep, which happens to be hyperactive—or just "overactive"—the brain. Such methods and reckoned "remedies" (as mentioned above) hardly aid in stress relief & heightened relaxation. They will not do a single thing to assist with the slowing down of brainwaves, which are electrical pulses within your brain which aid or HINDER sleep.
Undoubtedly, there are indeed some natural treatments which might prompt some level of drowsiness. But in most cases, it's just a short-term solution—one which chronic insomnia can easily outmaneuver and get around before too long. To seriously get rid of chronic insomnia problems (or even just mild sleeplessness for that matter), you must find an effective way to decrease your brain's hyperactive state and transform it (and your body, as a result) so that it is prepared for a long, relaxed sleep.
Regrettably, you'll realize soon that there aren't many methods to "decrease" brainwave activity both safely & naturally. Currently, the only recognized approach is by using a good quality sleep track CD. This kind of natural and very inexpensive treatment makes use of sound waves—usually a collection of specially calibrated tones, pulses, and hypnotic rhythms—to relax the mind and get it prepared for deep, uninterrupted rest.
If Possible, Try These Herbal Sleep Remedies
When great sleep is your priority, then herbal sleep remedies could be your answer. Herbal sleep remedies are usually inexpensive, efficient, and, not to mention, they may be put into your nighttime regimen with very little difficulty.
3 Herbal Remedies for Better Sleep
- Using an Herbal Pillow: Don't fret, it's not necessary to shell out a great deal of cash on a new, high-end luxury pillow. Instead, all you've got to do is get yourself a vial of inexpensive herbal oil for sleep—something like valerian, lavender, passionflower, rose flower, etc.—and a plain old handkerchief (any small piece of cloth will do fine). When you've got these items, sprinkle the herbal oil(s) liberally on top of the cloth material, and, after that, put it inside your pillow. If preferred, you may also tape the handkerchief on the bottom part of the pillowcase instead. If you sleep with more than one pillow, you may do this to ALL of them or just your primary pillow—it's up to you.
- 15 Minute Herbal Bath: Do you recall that herbal sleep oil you used during the first remedy? Well, you'll need to break it out yet again with this one. Start yourself a bath and make sure the water is warm, almost on the verge of HOT. Now put in more than a few droplets of the herbal oil of your choice. Done? Okay then, now get into the bathtub and relax for approximately 15 minutes—no more than 20 minutes at the most. Immediately after stepping out of the tub, you won't only feel completely relaxed & comfortable, you will also be tremendously drowsy as well.
- One Cup Of Herbal Tea: It's among the most widely used herbal sleep remedies in existence, as almost everyone enjoys a good cup of all-natural, "good for you" tea. Just get a packet of your preferred herbal tea (be sure it possesses sleep-causing effects), make yourself a cup of it, and proceed to drink it up about 15 minutes before going off to bed.
There it is, three hassle-free herbal sleep remedies anyone may begin making use of instantly. Should you believe these sorts of treatments are a little too gentle for your existing insomnia and sleep deprivation problems, then you might need to think about shifting to an even more potent natural sleep remedy.