Top 5 Reasons I'm Blogging
Blogging is something that has only become more and more mainstream over time. I am no real exception.
Once again, I crawl out of my woman cave filled with blankets, inordinate amounts of icecream, and self-pity just long enough to type out a new post for you on this lovely day! In fact, since we last spoke, I’ve managed to gain a whopping — drumroll, please — 3 followers!
What a lovely few weeks it’s been, haha. BUT, I won’t hold you up as I know you probably have other things to do. SO, let’s get to the main point of this, yeah? Most specifically, the reason as to why you decided to click on this article.
My 5 reasons for blogging.
Now, for a bit of background, I’ve been writing for many years, and have developed a deep passion for it which I believe completely makes sense as to why I’ve decided to start writing on this lovely platform of ours. And over the years, my reasons for why I wanted to do something like this have only grown, and starting from that exact moment just a few years ago where I’d made this big decision to not go to college, these reasons only grew more and more pivotal.
So, as long as you promise not to make fun of some of them, let’s go through them now:
1. I love writing. I’m pretty sure that’s obvious but you may be surprised by how many people see writing in any context as a simple job and who take no real pleasure and enjoyment out of it. At least not anymore. *shivers* Chilling, I know.
2. My options are pretty limited profession-wise. I’ve explained in another post how I don’t have a lot of things I’m passionate about to the point where I could see myself doing it forever and not hating myself and life however many years down the line. And, just to get a bit realistic here, writing is kinda maybe one of my very few options… sorry to break the illusion for some of ya.
3. I’m actually decent at writing. I don’t mean to come across as cocky as I’m not that kinda gal (That’s a lie, I have a HUGE ego), especially as my speciality is story-telling, but I feel comfortable in my writing skills. Of course, there’s always room for improvement but writing is one of those things where I kinda look at myself and think, ‘Wow, I’m that chick’, ya know? So, you can call it cockiness if you want, but I’m not super good at a lot of things so let me have this one, yeah? :)
4. I think it’ll be a fun journey. The whole point of this is to talk about my adult life. I know a good bit about it has been about making money and all sorts of financial stuff but I do want this page to be about more. I’m a nineteen-year-old girl living with my mom (and there’s nothing wrong with that, by the way) and I’m over here trying (and failing, ahem) to get a parttime job in the ‘real world’ as well as being a blogger and an ‘iNstAgrAmMeR’ so I think this would be really fun to detail. My journey into adult crap and me figuring it out! I don’t know, I would read something like this so I figured, why not?
5. Why not? No, seriously, that’s a reason. I think I’m a reasonably entertaining person with a likeable personality and fun writing style so why not try and put a piece of myself out into the writing scope?
6. Bonus: I wanna help other young peeps like me. I’m not gonna linger on this one as it is wayyyy to mushy for me BUT I do feel like I should mention it as it was one of the final things that helped push me onto this path very recently. Back in November, right around my nineteenth birthday, I realized that, wow, I’m an adult. Like, an adult. Still can’t legally buy alcohol but I’m an adult. Not eighteen where you just barely made the cut, no, I’m nineteen. Like, I saw the line of adult and took 2 big steps over it.
What made me realize I was an adult was that I was on TikTok (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it was the hot thing to make fun of TikTok but let’s all agree it’s not really that bad and has some quality stuff on there) and I saw this really funny video making fun of VHS tapes and how annoying it was to start to watch a movie only to realize it’s showing the credits and then having to manually rewind it. I check the comments and there are multiple comments, each with a good bit of likes, talking about how they get it. And some of them were fourteen and fifteen years old.
And it was at this point that I realized, ‘I think I’m a proper adult now’ as that was one of the few times I felt out of touch with those younger than me. It was… an eye-opener, I’ll tell you that. And it was then that I realized I had to start a blog. Because there is a whole horde of preteens and teens who, from what I can see, have no idea as to what in the world they’re gonna do when they become adults and have to, in a way, figure out their ish. Thus, here I am to offer my help in terms of actually showing people what the world is like for someone like me who’s dreams aren’t necessarily the most… profitable. At least for a while.
And, of course, I like to think this blog can be read and enjoyed by people who are also older as they can get a good look at what the world is like from the eyes of someone younger. You can call me an equal opportunist writer, of sorts~
Welp, that was fun and got a bit more serious than I’d like at certain points but screw it, I found it interesting to write none the less.
And those, my dear readers, are the 5 main reasons as to why I started blogging. Plus, a bonus one! Aren’t you lucky? I don’t know if my reasons either satisfied or dissatisfied you but they’re my own personal reasons none the less and I hope they added some interesting insight none the less. Lemme know with a response down below with your own reasons as to why you enjoy writing or reading, I’m quite curious~
So, with all that said, I wish you all a good day!