- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 14 years of relevant industry experience, with 4 years of hands-on technical management experience of software developers and systems administrators/architects
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems.
- Experience programming in one of the following: Java, C++, Python or C.
- Drive large-scale and highly complex technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product lifecycle including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable services and infrastructure.
- Coach, mentor, and manage a team of software engineers and/or managers depending on the team and your seniority.
- Work closely with the Product Management team to ensure we're building the best products.
- Industry - Information Services Internet
- Employment Type - Full-time
- Job Functions - Engineering Information Technology
APPLY LINK>> Apply now
- 5 years of experience in technical leadership and management of large and/or multiple teams of managers and software engineers across regions.
- Experience providing technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure.
- Experience leading a team of Software Engineers focused on building developer tools to improve developer velocity, scalability, or testability
- Demonstrated domain knowledge of Embedded Systems, Silicon Hardware, Machine Learning, Front End, Mobile, or Security
About The Job
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team.
SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form .
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from India due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from India