25 Self-Care Ideas for the Busy Mom
You deserve some me-time!
So one question I always get it is what can I do to take care of myself? Another one is I can’t think of any self-care ideas. The ideas are limitless if you are creative. More important than what you do during your “me time” is how it makes you feel. If you are not a bath girl, then taking a bath is NOT going to make you feel relaxed. Don’t do things that you don’t enjoy just for the sake of self-care. Unless, it is things like going to the doctor and dentist, drinking enough water, moving your body in some way and eating a balanced diet. Those things are very important but are going to vary from person to person.
The whole point is to schedule activities in your life that make you feel refreshed and recharged. I could scroll through Facebook for every spare minute that I have and I won’t feel a bit refreshed. I’ll actually end up feeling depressed and more stressed out probably. But if I read for 20 minutes? That’s going to help me a lot more. I’m not telling you to never get on Facebook, that would be insane. I actually enjoy Facebook very much. I love cute memes and pictures of everyone’s kids. But I am going to feel much more refreshed if I read a book or meditate for a few minutes.
Here are my top 25 self-care ideas for busy moms! Most of these ideas don't cost any money. You can also experiment with how long you do each activity and note how long you need to truly feel relaxed. That way you know what activities you can fit in a pinch.
- Take a walk around your neighborhood.
- Go outside and sit on your patio.
- Read your favorite juicy book.
- Drink a glass of wine.
- Have a hot cup of tea.
- Take a nap with the windows open.
- Get a massage by your significant other.
- Meditate for 5-10 minutes.
- Look up a yoga video on YouTube.
- Stretch your neck and shoulders.
- Set up an appointment with your therapist or find yourself one.
- Call your mom or dad.
- Give your kids a big bear hug.
- Take a hot bath with epsom salts and lavender essential oils.
- Get a pedicure or look up a DIY pedicure on Pinterest.
- Write in a pretty journal.
- Color in one of those adult coloring books.
- Work on a puzzle.
- Sit by the water.
- Pray and express your gratitude.
- Practice deep breathing exercises.
- Go on a girl’s trip with your favorite women.
- Send your kids to grandma’s for the afternoon.
- Lay down and count the stars.
- Practice positive affirmations.
When I was really feeling down, some of these activities were what got me through. And I learned which activities help me in which situations. I love meditating but some days I am way too drained to meditate. Or I may be at the office so I can only practice deep breathing. I would also suggest not trying to do everything at once. I can't afford a girl's trip right now, but a pedicure is right in my budget.
I hope you enjoyed all of my self-care ideas for busy moms and noticed a few that would work for you. Comment below which activities were your favorite and if there were any I missed. If you loved this post, please share with all of your busy mom friends. They will thank you I’m sure!