Credit can be given to customers at the point of sale (POS) when they are prepared to make a purchase. Credit cards, credit lines, and unsecured loans, commonly referred to as point-of-sale loans, are examples of this kind of finance. Customers can make additional payments over time with the POS loan option in particular, and it can be a potent sales generator for your company.
Auto dealers, retailers, and other companies that provide expensive goods and services have long employed POS loans. The repayment terms of the loans are frequently variable, which can assist borrowers in controlling their own cash flow. The buy now, pay later (BNPL) activity, which has grown to be a highly popular POS financing option today, is based on this kind of lending.
A financial services company that provides real-time financial solutions for business owners believes that when done properly, point-of-sale financing benefits both businesses and customers.
How does it work?
Few companies have the financial resources to sponsor a financing program internally. To provide POS financing, your company can collaborate with a wide range of lenders, including big banks and credit card providers that can design a card related to your brand. Alternately, you might collaborate to offer POS loans with a third-party BNPL supplier like Affirm.
The convenience of most POS financing is fantastic: Customers may apply for financing without leaving your website. More information about the procedure with a BNPL service is provided below:
• Customers will notice that giving a few simple bits of personal information at the checkout is a condition for eligibility. (In some circumstances, customers could be required to provide their SSN and go through a soft credit check that won't affect their credit score.)
• The advanced underwriting procedure is finished in a matter of seconds, and qualified customers are informed of their spending limit.
• The loans are frequently interest-free, and repayment is split into four biweekly installments. Depending on the buyer's credit eligibility, your contract with the BNPL service, or even the overall cost of the purchase, some loans might require a down payment or interest.
• Before making a purchase, the customer is made aware of the payment terms and gives their consent. For expensive things, the payment plan in some situations may be monthly, spread out over one year or more.
• The BNPL provider handles loan processing and payment collection. Within hours, you get paid in full minus the pre-agreed transaction fees and payment plans.
Although the procedure is essentially the same for BNPL or POS financing companies, not all of them provide the same services. ChargeAfter, a global lending platform, offers a multi-lender BNPL platform, which has an acceptance rate of more than 85% and provides customers with the best service. Because of this, it has gained popularity among retailers during the past few years.
Point of Sale benefits your Company
Consumer tastes have changed recently, increasing the use of POS loans for less expensive products. According to a McKinsey analysis, POS loans under $500 are increasing by 40–50%. This activity, which is largely channeled through BNPL, creates a sizable opportunity for your company.
• Increasing Average Order Value (AOV) - By extending the payment deadline, you can encourage your consumers to enhance their order or add more goods to their shopping cart. By doing this, you can boost overall sales without eroding your margins. According to an analysis of the BNPL market by RBC Capital Markets, the outcome might be a 50% increase in AOV.
• Increasing Conversion Rate - Giving clients a BNPL choice can boost retailer conversion rates. By promoting BNPL alternatives up-funnel, you can boost this growth. Consumers who credit large-ticket items make the decision to do so around 75% of the time.
• Makes your Brand Known - Regular POS financing or BNPL services could provide straightforward services, but ChargeAfter's white label BNPL choices can also help you grow your business. The best thing is that it is flexible, giving you the chance to offer ChargeAfter's services under your own name. In this method, you avoid wasting money or effort on developing new lending platform software and acquire it from experts.
Financing Platform of ChargeAfter
In conclusion, we can state that ChargeAfter's multi-lender BNPL platform has evolved into more than just a financing platform; it has also become a hub for connecting lenders and borrowers. The platform enables the customer to obtain the most pertinent and customized finance in addition to the payment schedule. On the ChargeAfter platform, there are only the greatest and most reliable lenders.
ChargeAfter is a leading multi-lender platform for Buy Now pay later (BNPL) Consumer Financing. It connects businesses with the most reliable lenders, enabling them to offer customers the greatest financing solutions. With the best system of Waterfall Financing, ChargeAfter guarantees BNPL lending to every shopper, by matching the most relevant lender to every client. Using the unique consumer financing technology, ChargeAfter provides all parties, merchants, lenders, and consumers, with the best shopping experience. Phoenix, MUFG, VISA, Bradesco, BBVA, Synchrony, PICO Partners, CITI, Propel Venture Partners, Plug and Play, and other companies worldwide are among the investors of ChargeAfter.
Support: [email protected]