Nail Glam 101
Glam Mani How-to
Hello from Sacramento, CA. My name is Nicki, and I am a Licensed Nail Technician and a divorced mom of one. I have a 19 year old daughter and two fur babies. In my spare time I love to shop, read, write, go to the movies, go out to dinner, and go glamping. Although these days I spend most of my time working. I tend to be a Jill of all trades. I started my professional adult life as a licensed Medical Assistant, next I earned my Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice Administration. I currently have a part time job in customer service. I also own a nail business, an eyebrow business (@lovebrowglam), and a CBD business (lavender-wellness.com). Although I must say, my first true love has always been nails. My nails business “Nail Glam” was established in 2012. My mission is to provide quality nail services with a focus on exceptional customer care. I have built my business on the principles of nail integrity, trendy nail design, and nail education. When I first started doing nails I began by practicing on my daughter’s and my own nails. Once I felt more comfortable I began doing my family and friend’s nails. After some time my family urged me to go to Beauty College to make it official. I was licensed December 2015. Since then I’ve attended multiple classes both online and in person to help me learn new tips and tricks, and to keep my skills current. I felt the urge to grow and expand my reach and ability to bring Nail Glam to everyone, so I left the salon setting and set out to manage a studio of my own. Shortly thereafter, Tip Kits by Nail Glam was born. I provide Luxury Press-on Tips & Toes and natural nail kits. My most recent venture is my website nailglam101.com which is all things nail education. I hope you learn a lot in this article and enjoy learning the knowledge step-by-step.
How to Perform a Glam Mani on a Client
1. Always begin with clean freshly washed hands for both the client and the manicurist.
2. Apply cuticle softener with a q-tip to the cuticles and submerge the fingers of one hand at a time into a small bowl or manicure dish of warm water and antibacterial cleanser.
3. Remove one hand and dry off. Repeat step 2 to the other hand.
4. Gently push back the cuticles with a cuticle pusher.
5. Clip any leftover cuticles on the nail plate with cuticle nippers.
6. Clip the nails to the clients desired length using nail clippers.
7. Using a nail file, file the nails in one direction to shape the nails.
8. Buff the top of nails with a buffer to smooth remove rough edges.
9. Repeat on the other hand beginning at step 4.
10. Apply nail oil to the cuticles of both hands.
11. Massage hand cream or oil into each hand being sure to focus on each finger, the knuckles, and the palm of the hand.
12. Cleanse the nails only with 91% rubbing alcohol to remove all oils.
13. Apply base coat to the nails.
14. Apply two coats of the nail polish color chosen by the client.
15. Apply top coat.
16. Dry nails with a fan for 5 minutes.
17. Spray nails with quick dry spray.
18. Thank your client and ask for their permission to take pictures of their nails for your portfolio.
19. Take pictures.
20. Ask the client if they'd like to book their next appointment and if so, schedule the appointment.
I love being social! Follow me on IG and FB @lovenailglam and @authoresslatoyanicole
About the Creator
*Mom x1, Aunt x2, Dogmom x2
*Writing to inspire
*Committed to refining my craft
*Follow my blog "Dare to Dream" at latoyanicolejones.com
*Follow my IG @authoresslatoyanicole
There are no comments for this story
Be the first to respond and start the conversation.