Fragile Nails: Causes, Prevention and Treatment
Let's know some reason of fragile nails.
If you have brittle, scattered or soft nails, it is impossible to get a perfect manicure. Poor nail condition is much more than a cosmetic problem, it is a lack of micro nutrients (such as iron, zinc, vitamin B, and silicon), a lack of hydration (which, in most cases, is the main cause), and so on. Can excessive exposure to harsh detergents. Just as it is important to have beautiful nails now that they are part of our style, it is important to take good care of them. Our advice can be found in the following paragraphs.
What Causes Brittle Nails?
No, brittle, delicate and soft nails are not just a cosmetic problem. This condition of the claws can suggest health problems or even neglected care. The most common causes of brittle and damaged nails are:
- • Dehydration;
- • Deficiency of micro nutrients: Iron, Zinc, Vitamin B;
- • The habit of cutting your nails or peeling your nail polish;
- • Do not wear gloves during household chores when chemicals are used;
- • Use a nail work tool (open container, label removal, etc.);
- • Ail nail gel misuse;
- • Cold;
- • Baths that is too hot.
How To Repair And Straighten Your Brittle Nails?
There are many tips to strengthen your brittle nails naturally. Before moving on to a detailed explanation of these, we must make a list of some useful maintenance exercises to improve the condition of your damaged nails.
1. Nail artists’ advice: if you have short nails, to file them, instead of cutting your nails with nail clips. This exercise is recommended for both brittle nails and healthy nails. But filing must be done properly to avoid harmful effects on the nails. Therefore, double filing should be avoided at all costs as it can lead to duplication. Always moving in one direction with gentle movements - this is the way to move forward without risking weakening the nail plate. In the case of long nails, by contrast, it is important to use a nail clipper or nail scissors when you want to shorten your claws. In this case, the file format has to be finalized. To give preference to lime, metal is not recommended, as it separates the layers of the nail. For brittle and thin nails, it is better to prefer cardboard file.
2. Moisturizing hands: Cuticles and nails are very important! Regular use of moisturizers and rich creams helps to strengthen the moisture barrier of the skin and paws. In the evening, before going to bed, just apply a moisturizing "hands and nails" while massaging the quizzes with an open heart. It is recommended to massage each side of the nail for at least 30 seconds, until the cream is well absorbed.
3. Be aware that wearing false nails can weaken natural nails by making them thinner and less stiff. In addition, for false nails, glues, gels and resins are used which are aggressive to the nails and weaken them. Another problem: improperly applied false nails promote the appearance of fungal infections. So it is beneficial to limit or avoid false nails.
How To Strengthen Brittle Nails Naturally?
Essential oils have many benefits for our health and well-being. In this case, they are an essential aid in the treatment of damaged nails. Here are our application tips:
- Lemon essential oil is essential for regenerating nails. It helps to improve blood circulation to the nails, provides all the necessary nutrients to the nails. A good treatment for brittle nails is based on lemon essential oil, green myrtle essential oil and castor oil (15 drops: 15 drops: 150 drops / or 7.5 ml, respectively). This miraculous mixture is applied to brittle or soft nails every other day.
- Laurel essential oil works on nail textures and is ideal for strengthening brittle nails or those that grow too little or too slowly. To do this, heat 3 tablespoons jojoba oil in a double boiler, and then add 5 drops of laurel essential oil. Soak your nails in this mixture for five minutes. Use a tissue to wipe off excess, and then massage your nails one by one, so that the product penetrates properly.
- Citrus essential oil is excellent for improving the resistance of brittle and soft nails. Prepare the following mixture: 10 ml jojoba oil + 2 drops cysts essential oil + 8 drops ylang-ylang essential oil.
- Another natural remedy for treating brittle and scattered nails, a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice is actually effective. Mix only 2 tablespoons lemon juice in 2 tablespoons olive oil and apply this preparation by massaging on nails and cuticles twice a week.
- Lemon juice can also be mixed with 1 tablespoon baking soda. We warm it up and then let our nails soak for a few minutes.
- The mixture of milk and argon oil in equal doses promises to work wonders for weak nails. You need to dip your fingers in this preparation for ten minutes once a week.
- It turns out that salt can also help strengthen brittle nails. This effect is due to its iodine content. To make salty medicine, mix 1 teaspoon of salt in half a liter of warm water. Soak your fingers in it for 10 minutes.
Biotin is part of a group of B vitamins and is found in many regular foods (eggs, soy, nuts, liver, whole grains, bananas, mushrooms, cabbage, avocados, salmon, raspberries, etc.) and the shortage is quite low. However, if our body is deficient in biotin, some of the following symptoms may appear: dry skin, hair loss, brittle hair and nails, fatigue, mood swings, muscle aches and cramps. This vitamin is also very important for maintaining an efficient immune system, so its deficiency is unavoidable.