Everything you need to know about Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections
cost, procedure & effectiveness
The technology created twenty years ago is the most commonly used method in treating several conditions today in Europe. PRP injections use the patient’s blood with concentrated platelets to stimulate the body’s healing system. Due to the large number of active elements released from the platelet-rich plasma, the level of youthful cells is actively restored. Growth factors in plasma are the basis for activating connective tissue cells that produce elastin, collagen, and hyaluronic acid. Thanks to these ingredients, skin become firm, radiant, healthy and elastic, which gives it a blooming and youthful appearance.
What is platelet-rich plasma?
Platelet-rich plasma comprises an increased number of platelets taken from the patient’s blood. There is significant variation in the various commercial PRP formulations, with variations in the concentration of platelets, leukocytes, red blood cells and different plasma proteins.
What is a PRP injection?
Platelet-rich plasma treatment works by introducing platelet-rich plasma of a patient into a place on his body that requires quicker healing, that is, aimed at accelerating the regeneration and stimulating the growth of the body's cells.
The essence of the method is not to heal by exposure from the outside, as drugs do, but to force its own body to produce the required number of cells for tissue repair.
In cosmetology, the method is used in rejuvenation procedures or to restore elasticity to ageing skin. It is the Best PRP Hair Treatment in Dubai giving the experience of using an enriched blood preparation shows that, in addition to the successful tightening of sagging contours, it effectively treats baldness as a natural stimulator of hair growth.
How does the treatment work?
The PRP therapy procedure consists of three stages:
- Taking the patient's blood. It is taken out from the cubital vein, and the volume can be from 20 to 100 ml, depending on the treated area of the body and the duration of the course.
- Production of enriched plasma. It is carried out in two stages: in the first step, heavier elements are removed from the blood, then the plasma is concentrated to such an extent that the platelet count per millilitre of blood is 5-6 times higher than the natural level for the patient.
- Injection of the drug into the target area. Depending on the purpose of therapy, enriched plasma can be injected into the joint or under the skin.
Getting back into your body, concentrated platelets begin to stimulate the growth of new cells actively. Fibroblasts and muscle fibres are sensitive to growth factors. An increase in their number increases the skin’s firmness and elasticity, allowing you to restore damaged or aged skin and strengthen the hair follicle.
Since the growth factor promotes the strengthening and growth of blood vessels, Dubai PRP therapy solutions improve the blood supply to tissues, thereby achieving a better metabolism, restoring a rich and healthy colour to fading skin.
What conditions can be treated with PRP?
It has the following main effects on the body:
- Stimulates the formation of new blood vessels
- Acceleration of the formation of tissues that restore the integrity of the damaged area.
- Prevention of scar formation.
- Increased synthesis of collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid production.
In plastic surgery, this method is used in the post-operative period to heal surgical wounds, heal scars, in combination with antiseptics, to prevent inflammatory processes.
Among the diseases for which the attending physician can prescribe PRP therapy are:
- Early stages of osteoarthritis.
- Injuries to tendons and ligaments.
- Traumatic damage to cartilage tissue.
- The recovery period after arthroscopy.
- Stimulate hair growth.
- Repair damaged skin.
Cost of PRP treatment
The average PRP cost in Dubai for hair starts from 700 AED per session and can go up to 3000 AED.