I've always heard about rose water, but never really understood how it would benefit my life.
Everybody at one point in their lives has problems with their skin. I found myself with a huge skin problem. In all honestly I used to have really bad acne. They were always large, inflamed, and so painful… not to mention, hideous! Then all of a sudden, they went away and I honestly only found myself getting acne around that time of the month (sorry for the possible tmi, I am very open about the body… we all go through similar things anyways). So, whenever I saw pimples on my face, I knew what was coming.
I have very sensitive skin. I'm allergic to a lot of soap products, and have mild to severe reactions when I use face masks, lotions, face wash, and even with things that have been prescribed to me by a doctor. I even have reactions to something in our water. Finding the right face products for my acne prone skin was such an awful experience. I would find things that would work, but my face would literally burn and swell up for hours, and that is not worth a clear face.
My face is also VERY oily, and most products that I use make my face overly dried out, so I HAVE to put lotion on after I wash or use a face mask. Which doesn't help at all with my already oily skin...
I remember reading about rose water and its benefits, and being so spectacle about it because every other product I had tried just didn't work. I found a bottle that was 8oz and decided to just give it a try. Ive been using this every night for about 3 weeks and I'm ALREADY seeing results. My acne scars are fading, my skin is glowing, and its seriously never oily. And I know what its going to do with my skin for the future and I honestly can't wait. I am SO glad that I decided to try rose water out, it is one of the best things I have tried for my face.
My sister has problems with her scalp. Her scalp started randomly bleeding and hurts all the time. She found little parts of eczema on her head. I recommended the rose water treatment for her hair. It hasn't been that long, only a couple days, but the bleeding has stopped and her head doesn't feel as itchy anymore. In time the eczema should leave her head or at least get it under control to where its not going to bug her everyday life.
Like I said above, I put my rose water toner on my face before I go to bed. If you've read my stories Voices, Is Meditation Healthy, and Crowds, you know that I have a lot of trouble sleeping and staying asleep. Rose water helps you relax and can improve your sleeping, so my rose water gets on my pillow, and then gets soaked up on my skin. The rose water getting onto my pillow helps me sleep so much better, and I feel so awake and refreshed when I get up in the morning.
NOW. i've just been talking about skin but rose water had benefits for things other than your face.
Benefits of rose water
1. It helps to maintain the skin's pH balance, and helps control the oils.
2. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the redness of the skin, gets rid of acne, treats skin conditions like eczema.
3. Removes oils and cleans dirt off the face, unclogs pores.
4. Hydrates, moisturizes skin
5. Aids in healing scars, cuts and wounds.
6. Helps to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues.
7. It cleans pores and tone the skin.
8. Mood enhancer. Helps rid anxiety and makes you feel relaxed.
9. Enhances the quality of hair. Treats mild scalp inflammations and get rid of dandruff. Natural hair conditioner, makes hair grow, and makes it stronger.
10. The scent of rose water on your pillow also helps you sleep better.
11. It also helps aging skin by treating it to help wrinkles at bay.
Ways that you can use rose water
1. Rose water can also be sprayed over makeup to work as a makeup setting product. The mist will leave your face glowing.
2. For dry and fizzy hair. Just mix equal parts rosewater and glycerin, apply on the scalp with a couple cotton pads and massage for about 15 minutes. Let it rest of your scalp for another 30 minutes and wash off with shampoo.
3. For face cleaning. Rose water can be used as a cleanser on the skin. Wash your face with a simple cleanser and use a rose water toner to get deeper in the pores and remove the excess dirt you may have missed.
4. For tired puffy eyes. Soak a cotton pad in cold rose water and apply to your eyes. It helps reduce puffiness under the eyes and get rid of redness.
5. Make up remover. Add a few drops of coconut oil to rose water on a cotton pad to remove make up while you cleanse your face.
6. Moisturize. Mix rose water with almond oil or an unscented cream and moisturize your body. Add a couple drops to a warm bath to help relax/moisturize.