When you get hurt and need to see a physical therapist, take it seriously. Seriously. I tore a ligament in my knee when I was 14 playing water polo, and was assigned to a physical therapist for months. Being an edgy teen, lying on my back for 15 minutes a day, and learning to re-bend my knee joint was just too much (insert melodramatic expression here). It’s been almost ten years, and my knee is still giving me trouble, as a result of my ignorance and laziness back then.
An exploding e-cigarette just took the life of a young man in Texas, reigniting a years-long discussion about vaping safety. News outlets say William Brown was in the parking lot of a vape and smoke shop on January 27th when his e-cigarette exploded, shot through his neck, and tore his left carotid artery. He was rushed to the hospital and placed in a medically-induced coma, where he died two days later. X-rays following the explosion showed a piece of the e-cigarette lodged in his throat. Brown was just weeks away from his 25th birthday when he died.