Whenever the file is stored within the incorrect folder, QuickBooks Error -6000 -77 occurs. Nowadays the accounting standards and accounting software have transformed the way people wont to manage their businesses. Now as both cloud and basis are available, the development of the companies has been triggered and helps them take their functions to the subsequent level. When it's hit with errors, it shows up pop-up messages and stops users from working.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 6000, 77?
One or more of the subsequent reasons may cause QuickBooks Error code -6000 -77:
- Company file should be placed on the local drive which is found on a secondary storage device.
- Several files opened concerning the mapped drive on QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks is being run in multi-user mode while communicating the matter.
- The company file is stored on secondary storage rather than being within the local drive or a network.
- A folder where the company file is saved has “Incorrect folder permission”.
- A mapped drive has designated for opening the company file.
Reaction: All this results in the QuickBooks file becoming corrupt or damaged.
Note: When one restarts the system, the problem is resolved most of the time.
How to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 77?
Below are some solutions that you just can follow to resolve this error:
Solution 1: Re-create the damaged folder
- Create a new folder on the C:\ drive
- Open the folder that has the corporate file data saved
- Locate the “.qbw” file
- Right-click on the .qbw files and chooses “Copy”
- Create a new folder (do a right-click and choose new > folder)
- Paste the “.qbw file” within the new folder
- Create an “Access” with windows permissions so the corporate file are going to be shareable by the and queries may be solved
- Open QuickBooks file from the new file location
Solution 2: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Firstly, you have required to download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool on your computer.
- The file doctor tool will automatically detect the company file errors and take a look at them to debug them.
Solution 3: Rename .ND and .TLG files:
Rewrite the extensions off .ND and .TLG helps to configure files allowing QuickBooks Desktop to access company files in multi-user mode. Errors may be caused while opening QuickBooks Desktop if harm .ND and .TLG files are there. If you rename these files, then there'll be no data loss while opening or scanning the corporate file using the QuickBooks database server manager. they need reproducing automatically.
- Open the folder that has the corporate file stored.
- Locate files with a similar name of a corporation files with these two extensions as “.ND” and “.TLG”
- Find the files with an equivalent file name as your company file, but they must be with the extension .ND and .TLG. Ex: company_file.qbw.ND, company_file.qbw.TLG
- Select “.ND/.TLG” file, do a right-click and click on the “Rename” option
- Add the word “.old” after adding an extension and press the “Enter” key. (Example: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD, company_file.qbw.tlg.old)
Solution 4: Configure firewall and security software settings
- Configure the “Firewall port settings” to automatic.
- Manually configure exceptions for all firewall ports.
- Either install an “Anti-virus” defender or appropriately configure it.
Solution 5: Try UNC Path rather than the Mapped Drive
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon, press and hold the “Ctrl key” on your keyboard, and choose the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Hold down the “Ctrl key” till the “No Company Open” window appears.
- Note: once you will hold down the “Ctrl key“, it'll prevent QuickBooks Desktop from auto-opening a corporation files.
- From the File menu, select “Open or Restore Company” > Open a corporation file > “Next“.
- In the left pane, click “Network” settings and navigate your company file's path.
- Note: If you can’t find the folder where the corporate file has saved, you'll set folder permissions.
- Select the corporate file and click on Open.
- Some Other Helpful tips to resolve this error:
- Get more permission and reboot the QuickBooks software. Most of the time, error removes as one restarts the system, and thus, no further work has required.
- Run a QuickBooks file doctor. It’ll repair the damaged QuickBooks files.
- Shift the corporate file to a local drive if it's stored on a secondary storage device. Open the QBW file in QuickBooks and check if the error still occurs.
We hope that this blog post helps you in fixing the QuickBooks Error 6000 77. Though the error is complicated, the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps are dependable and are tried by many users and experts.