How Can I Know If Somebody Has Already Stored My Number In Their Contact List or Not?
Can I know that is somebody already have my number on their contact list?
How can I know if somebody has already stored my number in their contact list or not?
Instant messaging has advanced a lot over the past decade. Several different apps have been created over the past years that offer instant texting with varying features. Of them, WhatsApp takes the lead.
With messaging apps, it is not uncommon for contact numbers to leak to strangers. Also, to overcome these events, people have learned many technical tips and tricks.
Ever wondered how you can know if someone has saved your contact number without letting out the word? You recently exchanged your number with someone for business purposes, but you now doubt if they even saved it. How on earth would you know unless you ask them directly, which you won’t do so for obvious reasons.
Is there an app for it?
There is an app called ‘Me-Caller ID and Spam Blocker,’ using which you can find out who has saved your number and by what name. It also helps in figuring out to whom an unknown number belongs.
The app has an overall rating of 4.4 on the Google play store, which seems pretty good. However, many reviews have pointed out loud video ads and few glitches that make the use of this application somewhat uneven.
Isn’t it fun to see how people remember you? It could be annoying at times too. The app will also send you alerts regarding spam and fraud calls/numbers. By creating a profile here, you can also connect with mutual friends, add their birthdays to the calendar, and post comments.
How else can I find out who has stored my number?
Well, if you are not into using an app, then there is a tech-tip that will certainly help you in revealing the secret. Follow these steps and watch the results:
- Launch WhatsApp on your phone
- Click on the ‘chat’ icon in the left upper corner of the screen
- On the right upper corner, you will find a three-doted icon. Click on that
- This will lead you to a menu. There, select the option ‘Broadcast lists’
- Now add the contact whom you suspect hasn’t saved your number. Along with that, select another number about whom you already know has your contact stored
- At the bottom of the screen in the text bar, type a random message
- Once the message has been sent, hold the text until the ‘info/ⓘ’ icon appears. Click on that
- By doing so, a new window will appear in your screen which will tell if the message has been delivered and read by your recipients
- If the suspected number doesn’t show up in the ‘delivered’ section, it indicates that they haven’t stored your number
The above-mentioned steps were for an android-user.
For those having an iPhone, the process is similar, however, the key icons are a bit variously arranged. Here is what you got to do:
- Open your WhatsApp on the phone
- Click on the ‘chat’ icon which you can find in the bottom right corner of your screen
- You will then find the ‘broadcast lists’ option in the left upper corner
- Select the two numbers (the suspected one and the one you already know about) and then select the option ‘create’ which you can find in the upper right corner of the screen
- Send a text in the message bar
- After the text has been sent, hold the message until the ⓘ/info symbol appears. Click on that
- The Rest of it is the same as that for the android phone
A useful tip: after sending the text, it is better that you wait for some time, like an hour or two, before proceeding to the last step.
How do I know if a contact has blocked me on WhatsApp?
Besides not being able to text or call them, there are several other ways to know whether you have been blocked out by someone on WhatsApp.
Firstly, their display picture will become inaccessible to you. This can also be true when you are not added to their contacts. If the person has removed the access for outsiders to glance at the profile photo, you would not be able to see it.
The timestamp of a person who has blocked you is not visible anymore. Just like the profile picture, it can also happen when the person has revised their privacy settings for their last seen. The same goes for status updates as also.
Lastly, a blocked contact won’t be able to see your ‘online status’ as well.
Such a thing may also happen in case of a poor internet connection or due to technical glitches in the app.
How do I hide my account details from those not present in my contact list on WhatsApp?
The process is very easy. You just need to go to the settings menu which you can access by clicking on the three-doted icon in one corner of your screen. In the settings, click on ‘account.’ Now, there will be a section called ‘privacy.’ Here you can alter the settings for your WhatsApp status, profile picture, and last seen visibility.
Read more articles about Whatsapp:
- Can I See Someone Display Picture And Status On Whatsapp If I am Not In Their Contact List?
- How do I Get a Notification When a Specific WhatsApp Contact Goes Online on Android or iOS?
- How go get unbanned on Whatsapp Messanger?
- What Does WAP Mean on TikTok?
I hope this helps.