Expert Tips that Will Help You Maintain Your Favorite Vintage Cars in Good Shape
Tips by Which You Can Ensure that Your Vintage Car Works Smoothly and Seamlessly
If you own a vintage car, then you would definitely want to take good care of the car and maintain it perfectly. The point is that you may want to resell your vintage car or want to gift it to someone or you may just want to hold on to that Vintage car. Whatever be the motivation, you would still need to take good care of the car so as to ensure that it does not fall into disrepair and disuse. Here are a few tips which should enable you to take better care of your vintage car.
Tips to Take Good Care of Your Vintage Car:
- Wash and Polish: Whether you own an antique Rolls Royce Ghost or a red Jaguar convertible or some other vintage variant, you would still be required to wash and polish the car regularly. The reason is this: by washing the car regularly and polishing the same, you are helping to create a protective layer, which can protect your car from damage from the various elements. You can use a normal car shampoo to remove all the dirt and filth, and then get the same polished after getting it completely cleaned up.
- Aluminum and Chrome: You should know that vintage cars often contain a great amount of aluminum as well as Chrome and unfortunately both oxidize. So to better protect your car, use acid free Vaseline on your chrome or go in for water resistant silicone spray as that should help you protect the same. Check online for “cash for unwanted cars” and most of the cars you see featured on these websites, are ones where the chrome and aluminum had oxidized and the car had fallen into disuse.
- Wheel Arches and Undercarriages: Most car owners do not bother to get their wheel arches or undercarriages checked and cleaned regularly. That is a big no-no. They may as well call in scrap car removal and get the car removed. The point being that undercarriages are an important part of any car and regularly cleaning the same should be highlighted regarding any serious issue, in time.
- Doors and Rubbers: You may want to lubricate your doors and rubbers especially as winter sets in. This should enable your rubber lining to stay smooth and supple and not to become too desiccated to the point that it breaks apart. And it is a good idea to leave the doors a little open so as to allow the rubber to breathe.
- Brake System and Clutch: It is winter and you are planning to store your vintage car for the duration. And while in storage, it is always a good idea to press on the brake and clutch and ensure that they remain supple. This also helps to prevent sticking, and if you do not check these regularly, then your brakes may well rust.
- Cooling System: It goes without saying that you need to change the coolant in your car every few years in order to ensure that your vintage car continues to function seamlessly. It is important that you check the cooling fluid in your car as well as various other important metrics before you send your vintage car into storage.
These are some of the tips by which you can ensure that your vintage car works smoothly and seamlessly. It is important that you understand the fact that all cars require good car maintenance in order to continue functioning as expected and that happens to be the case, with vintage cars specifically.