Discussion on driverless cars
My vision for the future of driverless cars
1. Traffic accidents are unlikely to occur. First of all, the detection capability of the lidar of driverless cars is incomparable to the human eye. The response speed of the central processing is also incomparable with the human brain and hands and feet. After the relevant algorithms are mature, its safety is only higher than that of manned vehicles. Secondly, each vehicle is connected to the control center in real time, and the position, speed and direction of each vehicle are monitored by the control center. Once the control center finds that a vehicle will collide with other vehicles, pedestrians or buildings, it will Timely control the car to change direction, brake, and even control other vehicles that are about to collide with it to change direction or brake, and ultimately avoid most traffic accidents. The traffic police will then cease to exist.
2. Greatly improve the utilization rate of vehicles. All cars are shared, not private, and can carry passengers along the way. In this way, a car can serve as many as dozens or hundreds of people a day. In a city of 10 million people, the travel demand is at most 20 to 30 million times a day. It is enough to have 1 million driverless shared cars, which is one-third to one-fifth of the current number of motor vehicles in cities with a population of 10 million, and since there is no illegal driving or novice driving in driverless vehicles, Traffic accidents will be greatly reduced, and congestion points will be avoided under the unified dispatch of the control center. At that time, the roads will be extremely smooth, and the speed of vehicles will be greatly increased.
3. The great gods in other forums have said that unmanned driving will greatly improve logistics efficiency and labor productivity, reduce transportation costs, and ultimately bring down prices and enrich products.
4. Other benefits I can think of. For example, driverless cars can require every passenger to ride in their real names. Once a fugitive is found, the door will be locked immediately and the car will be driven directly to the police station. Merchants can carry out online school training, advertising, audio-visual entertainment, health check-up, small commodity sales and other businesses on the driverless car. In the future, the express delivery, takeaway, and errand business will completely disappear, replaced by driverless delivery vehicles that shuttle around the city, ranging from furniture and home appliances to a small box lunch, they will all deliver you downstairs. In the event of an emergency such as a fire or explosion, a driverless car that is carrying passengers nearby can be requisitioned as an ambulance, a rescue vehicle, much faster than you can call an ambulance. In the future, there will be no scene of robbers driving away, because all cars are under police control.
5. In other conceivable places, all drivers, including drivers of buses, taxis, unit buses, long-distance vehicles, and trucks, will be laid off, and urban rail transportation such as subways will be abandoned. Other means of transportation that can be reserved are High-speed trains and planes. Automakers no longer sell cars, but operate self-driving car companies. Driving a vehicle by a human is like writing a letter to contact a friend now, which is regarded as a petty bourgeoisie and a literary act. Relevant laws will be promulgated. Passengers will not bear legal responsibility for a traffic accident caused by an unmanned vehicle, provided that the passenger does not interfere or interfere with the driving behavior of the vehicle. Even if you have excellent eyesight, can you see pedestrians 500 meters away through the mist? Lidar can. Even if you have a lot of driving experience, can you look around the car body 360 degrees in one second? Even if you react extremely fast, can you make a braking action in one hundredth of a second? These are the strengths of driverless cars. Just imagine the scene in 2050. At 5:00 p.m., you end your day's work and say "go home" softly. Your smart glasses or watch will immediately send out the command. When you take the elevator downstairs, A driverless electric car has been parked in front of the office building. After you got in the car, you found that there were three people sitting in the car, either playing virtual reality games or closing your eyes. kilometers or more, because at that time the city's roads had been completely closed and fully interchanged, and there were no disturbances such as electric bicycles, and a city with a population of 10 million only had 1 million motor vehicles, all of which were driverless. Real-time networking between all vehicles, as well as between vehicles and traffic lights, between vehicles and control centers. The control center is also a big data center, responsible for responding, analyzing, and processing the travel requests of people in the city, and directing the vehicles closest to the pedestrians to pick up all the people with the closest travel trajectories. Many people may not understand what I said, but anyone who understands some data mining and scheduling algorithms will definitely understand. And they are all ready-made technologies, the problem is that they are not mature enough. This is why Tesla is keen on driverless cars. If other countries are still spending money to repair subways in hindsight, Tesla may become the largest company in the world in the future.