Pondicherry - The Destination That Covers Several Attractions For Tourists
Best Hotels In Pondicherry
Pondicherry is a union territory located in the South of India that covers various beaches and other attractions for tourists. It is approximately 150 km away from Chennai which is the capital city of Tamil Nadu. The place is a perfect weekend getaway for those who want to spend quality time with their family and children. Moreover, it is a perfect destination for planning a vacation at estimated budgets. On the other hand, tourists should book their hotels in advance while planning a trip to the city.
The Best hotels in Pondicherry allow tourists to enjoy their trip in a sophisticated environment to get more excitement. Another thing is that they make feasible ways to experience the latest amenities while making a trip. It is advisable to check the availability of hotels before making a trip to the city. Pondicherry is an ideal location for exploring French history, architectural styles, tradition, cuisines, and other things in detail.
Places to visit in Pondicherry
1. Serenity Beach
Serenity Beach located on the outskirts of Pondicherry attracts several visitors every year because it is a suitable one for those who want to spend their honeymoon with loved one in peaceful surroundings. Moreover, it is a popular one among fishermen and tourists can see a lot of boats with gears. The good waves of the beach enable tourists to carry out surfing and other water sports activities accordingly. Moreover, the sun-kissed sands on the beach allow visitors to relax their mind in the evening.
2. Jawahar Toy Museum
Jawahar Toy Museum is an ideal one for kids because it has a collection of around 140 dolls and toys collected from various parts of India. The museum fulfils the expectations of children who want to know more about various types of dolls in detail.
3. Sri Manakula Vinayagar Temple
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Temple invites more devotees every year. Dedicated to Lord Ganesha, there is belief that it will fulfil the expectations of people who visit the temple. In addition, the temple hosts Ganesh Chaturthi festival every year with more devotees.
4. Pondicherry Museum
Pondicherry Museum has a fantastic collection of sculptures and other things allowing tourists to know more about them in detail. Furthermore, the museum also displays some specimen of Pallava and Chola dynasty.
5. Bharathi Park
Bharathi Park is an ideal place for tourists to relax their mind with family and children. It has gorgeous water fountains and flower beds decorated with bright flowers that allow visitors to stay away from hectic lifestyle. Some other features covered by the park include a traffic park, children’s play area, and a small artificial pond which serve as a common picnic spot for families and kids. Visitors can also capture high-quality photos while making a trip to the park.
6. The statue of Duplex
The statue of Duplex in Pondicherry is 3 meters in height that was established in order to honour the ex-governor Francois Duplex who governed the city till 1754. It is one of the famous monuments in Pondicherry that invite a lot of tourists.
Travel tips to Pondicherry
1. Bicycles and motorcycles are available in Pondicherry and tourists can rent them at affordable rates while making a trip.
2. Although Tamil is the main language spoken in Pondicherry, people can understand English allowing tourists to communicate with them easily.
3. Pondicherry is well-connected by road networks and there are lot of buses that operate from Chennai. The nearest airport is the Meenambakkam airport in Chennai and tourists can hire taxi services from there to reach the city in quick turnaround time.
4. Tourists should avoid drinking tap water because it may lead to health hazards. Hence, they should consider bringing a water bottle.
5. Pondicherry experiences a hot climate throughout a year since it is close to coastal areas and tourists should consider carrying clothes which fit their trip. However, the winter season starts from November and ends in February allowing tourists to plan their trip depending on the needs.
6. It is advisable for foreign tourists to have a copy of important documents while traveling to important parts of the city.
7. Tourists should follow the local customs and traditions when they like to visit religious places in the city.
8. Liquor items are very cheap in Pondicherry and there are many bars which offer alcoholic beverages at low prices allowing tourists to enjoy their night life with others.
9. Visitors should consider carrying a mini medical kit with them that can help to manage minor problems with ease.
10. There are many banks and foreign exchange counters that allow foreign tourists to exchange their money without any difficulties.
11. It is a wise one to take care of personal things while carrying a trip to the city that can help to overcome unwanted issues.
12. Visitors should consider avoiding crowded places and lonely places for preventing thefts or other problems to a large extent.
13. It is advisable not to swim in seas that are having high depth levels which can lead to drowning and other issues.
Where to stay in Pondicherry?
There are several hotels in Pondicherry which cover excellent amenities for guests allowing them to enjoy a vacation with loved one and others in outstanding environment. However, it is necessary to know more about them in detail from different sources for making a better decision. Travelers who want to book hotels online should select a reputed website for meeting exact needs. It is necessary to compare the prices of hotels offered by the hotel websites in detail while planning a trip to the city.
A reputed hotel website makes feasible ways to reserve the hotels in simple steps that can save more time. Besides that, it will update the details of the latest offers enabling tourists to select a package at discounted prices to save money. At the same time, the terms and conditions may vary from one website to another website and one should follow them properly before booking a hotel.