An Easy Travel Guide To Houston For Your First Trip To The City
Houston is a city located in Southeast Texas in the USA. The city has wealth of interesting sights.
It is an ideal tourist destination for the families, lovers of art, and the shopping and outdoor enthusiasts.
Houston is the most populous city in Texas with the population of the city being around 2.5 million.
Every year, more than 20 million people visit Houston.
The summers in the city are hot and oppressive while the winters are cool. Throughout the year, the temperature varies from 47°F to 95°F.
How to reach Houston on a budget
Houston is very well-connected to many domestic cities and several international cities. George Bush Intercontinental Airport is the major serving airport in the city. While it caters to most of the major American Airlines, the best idea is to make cheap Delta airlines group flights reservations to reach Houston on a budget. There are direct flights offered by the airline from many major U.S. cities.
When to visit Houston
Houston experiences warm temperature year-round. The weather becomes pleasant during spring and the fall seasons. So, a perfect time to visit the city is from February to April or from September to November.
However, these months mark the peak tourist season in the city. It is advisable to connect to Delta book a flight phone number to make your reservations in advance to save some good money, at least, on your flight tickets.
How to get around Houston
METRO buses are popular means of commutation in the city. Besides, you can also use the METRO Rail to explore the city without having to battle the traffic on the roads of the city.
Must visit places in Houston
1. Space Center of Houston – A lot of tourists visit this place, every year, to see educationally fun and interactive exhibits. This place features the largest collection of lunar samples and moon rocks for the visitors to see.
2. The Galleria – This is a popular mall in Houston which has around 400 shops,, including most of the top clothing and gadgets brands in the world.
3. Houston Museum District – It is among the greatest cultural attractions of Houston. This district encompasses of 19 museums. The must-visit include: The Menil Collection, the Contemporary Arts Museum, the Holocaust Museum, and Children’s Museum of Houston.
4. Buffalo Bayou Park – It is an urban park suitable for extensive walking, cycling, and paddling along the Bayou.
5. Houston Zoo – There are over 6,000 animals in the zoo. Besides, there are 4D films theaters, and water park.
Where to stay in Houston
If you are visiting Houston in the high season, make sure you call on Delta Airlines reservations phone number to book your flight tickets in advance – so, you don’t need to splurge on flight tickets. Similarly, make your hotel bookings in advance, too. Later, it might become difficult for you to find a suitable accommodation for yourself.
Some of the best neighborhoods to find in a staying place, include: The Heights, Montrose, and Downtown Houston.
What to eat in Houston
The dining bucket list in Houston must definitely include: Crawfish and Noodles, Christie's Seafood & Steaks, and Mapo Tofu from Malaysia Sichuan Bistro.
Get out of the city
If you are in Houston, you must take some time out and visit Austin which is under three hour away from the city. Connect to Delta airlines reservations number to make quick reservations to Austin which is a multi-faceted destination, offering a little taste of everything from amazing food to beers bars, epic outdoorsy activities, stunning nightlife scene, and a lot of live music.