The Chain logo

What Is $PEPE Token?

One of the fastest growing memecoins so far!

By Bitcoin RealmPublished 5 months ago 2 min read

Remember this green color thinking frog that we always encounter on websites? Now, a group of developers have created a token under its name!


Pepe coin is one of the latest memecoin in the market. It is named as 'Pepe' because the developers are inspired by the 'Pepe the Frog' meme, which gained popularity in the 2010s.

After the token was launched in 16 April 2023, its market capitalisation has grown to nearly $133 million. People started to take notice of this token and more than 19,000 individuals have owned the token (number of owners are increasing as the days go by!). Within the few days of its launch, the token has soared over 400%, reaching a high of $0.0000004002 at the time of writing (April 2023).


According to their self-reported data, the token has a circulating supply of 420,690,000,000,000 (420 trillion). 93.1% of these tokens have already been sent to the liquidity pool, with the LP tokens burned and contracts renounced. This leaves only 6.9% of the supply in a multi-sig team wallet to be used in CEX listings, bridges, and liquidity pools.

The main trading platform of Pepe token is on Uniswap, and it has a locked up amount worth of over $1.3 million, which is quite impressive for a new token. Other centralized exchanges are racing to list Pepe token on their platforms as well!

The Team

On its websites, there isn't much info about the team that developed this project, unless someone in the project pops out and talks about it, nobody currently knows who they are.

They also wrote '$PEPE is a meme coin with no intrinsic value or expectation of financial return. There is no formal team or roadmap. the coin is completely useless and for entertainment purposes only.' on the website, which is quite straightforward.

Warning Signs

Despite its extraordinary growth, analyst have highlighted some of the red flags found in this project:

  1. The most fundamental items such as roadmaps, team introduction, technology behind the token are not clearly stated and investors don't really know what they are buying for except for the name of the token. As of now, it is solely created to be hyped up and does not have any true value.
  2. As mentioned previously, the team behind the project is completely anonymous, only appearing on Twitter days before the launch.
  3. The tokens are still quite centralized. A few large wallets control large portion of the entire liquidity pool, and if they choose to sell them in an instant, the token's liquidity will be drained off in an instant, causing a rug pull.

So, what are your thoughts on $PEPE token? Let us know in the comment section!

. . .

    • Do you know the difference between zkSync Era vs. Polygon zkEVM? Read this article to find out!
    • Want to learn more about crypto related news and info? Check out our Youtube, Instagram, and Twitter pages!

I'm sure you have a lot of questions about my work and how I do it. Well, let me tell you a secret: it's all thanks to coffee.

Coffee is the magic ingredient that makes everything possible. And guess what? You can be part of that magic by buying me a coffee because the Medium Partner Program is not available in my region yet. This small gesture definitely means the world to me! 😊😊😊

☕Coffee Treat ➡️➡️➡️ HERE

. . .



alt coins

About the Creator

Bitcoin Realm

Crypto | Finance | Investing

I'm a crypto enthusiasts who loves blockchain technology because I believe that the future of finance will become more decentralized. Follow me and share your opinions so that we can discuss and grow more.

Reader insights

Be the first to share your insights about this piece.

How does it work?

Add your insights


There are no comments for this story

Be the first to respond and start the conversation.

Sign in to comment

    Find us on social media

    Miscellaneous links

    • Explore
    • Contact
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Use
    • Support

    © 2023 Creatd, Inc. All Rights Reserved.