Travel Use Case for TRX, BSC, and ETH Blockchains by Lillion Innovation
Treksurf project was initially launched with the aim to correct some of the perceived shortcomings of the existing globally available travel platforms.
What Is Treksurf?
Treksurf is a platform for flights and hotels booking, covering more than 100,000 properties across the globe. What is supposed to set it apart from global competitors such as MakeMyTrip, Booking.com is its push towards becoming an “only crypto payments travel platform” focusing on blockchain technology and the community built around it. With that in mind, the Treksurf team started implementing blockchain technology to help the travel industry cut its costs, make travel packages less expensive, create a secure crypto payment platform and provide seamless management of discounts, rewards programs.
At the heart of this system is Lillion token (LIL) which helps the platform offer tokenized incentives to its customers and any other user that can help the platform grow. This is usually done by providing reviews of accommodation properties and services and creating related content, as well as by bringing other customers to the platform. LIL tokens are available for the savings programs as well, with the rewards offered by the platform being in proportion to the size of the stakes in the users’ wallets. In addition to LIL, the platform users can pick any supported cryptocurrencies to pay for their travel arrangements, including ETH, BNB, DOGE, and others.
Treksurf team started developing the platform in July 2021, following its initial token development in April of 2021 during which it was promoted as a utility token seeking to leverage the power of blockchain. The efforts managed to provide a solid foundation for the platform’s expansion to more than 180 countries. The key personnel behind the project, Founder Ravikash Gupta.
What Is Treksurf Trying to Achieve?
Treksurf project was initially launched with the aim to correct some of the perceived shortcomings of the existing globally available travel platforms, including:
Treksurf wants to make crypto payments a mainstream option in the travel industry. One of the inspirations for the launch of Treksurf was the case of Expedia, a global travel booking giant, which dropped its support for Bitcoin in mid-2018. Following this, Treksurf was arguably fashioned as a crypto equivalent of Expedia, with its equal level of support only for cryptocurrency payments with instant confirmations and without any transaction fees, guaranteed booking, and the absence of booking fees. Going beyond this, Treksurf ultimately aims to become the only cryptocurrency travel platform.
Treksurf bills itself as a cheaper travel option, featuring no hidden costs and less transparent practices. For starters, the Treksurf users should have access to a range of exclusive deals, going to as high as 40% in all of the properties included in the Treksurf’s offer. This stems from Treksurf’s pledge to avoid exerting a commercial pressure on hotels and travel services to maximize their revenue per rented space and try to reduce costs at the expense of guests. Treksurf promises to combat high commission fees which are sometimes promoted by the online travel agencies whose customers are then forced to pay for largely “unseen” costs. Based on this, Treksurf describes itself as being cheaper by at least 10% on average, compared to its competitors such as Expedia or Booking.com. In addition, Treksurf boasts itself as featuring no hidden fees, such as those found on Airbnb, for example, thus strengthening its claim to deliver a transparent fee structure to its customers.
Implementation of the LIL token should make the Treksurf ecosystem more enticing to the users who are still in two minds about the use of cryptocurrencies in the travel and tourism industries. To the customers who opt for LIL token, Treksurf will offer participation in its loyalty and discount schemes. These are supposed to give them an additional up to 40% in their vLIL token savings, based on the reward tiers for token staking and referrals. In addition, LIL tokens serve as a means of payment for all refunds on the Treksurf platform, regardless of which currency was used for the initial payment. Finally, LIL tokens are used to cover the fuel cost incurred by the partnering platforms whenever they want to make use of Treksurf’s infrastructure for the benefit of their travel offerings.
How Does One Use Treksurf and LILTokens?
The Treksurf team plans to develop their project around the idea of the user’s journey, starting from the trip planning and organization and ending with the earning of LIL and vLIL tokens:
- The journey starts by checking the Treksurf.com website, which operates as a hub of information on available travel arrangements with advanced search functions. First-time users will be prompted to register, with the bonus of receiving a reward for joining the platform in the form of LIL tokens. Returning users will be notified to purchase or deposit new tokens if their LIL funds are running low.
- The users can start the actual booking process by providing the necessary information and making a decision on how to make payments, LIL tokens, or other cryptos. This can largely depend on one’s need for the promotional prices and the most attractive discount deals which are reserved only for the payments made with LIL. In this case, LIL tokens can be used to pay for the entire booking arrangement or a fraction of its full amount.
- Once the users set off, their Treksurf-based personal dashboard will be used to manage all booked arrangements. There is also a selection of Treksurf’s strategic partners that accept LIL tokens on site as a means of payment for upgrades and additional services while traveling, with an option to get access to better rewards in the end.
- Once their journey is complete, the users have an opportunity to provide a review of their experience. These reviews need to be cryptographically verified as authentic prior to being deemed as eligible for rewards in the form of LIL tokens. Tokens are also awarded for customer referrals which do not have to be limited to the Treksurf platform itself, but rather to the property the travellers used to stay at. In addition, the users are incentivized to work on their platform-based reputation, as those with high enough scores become eligible to receive LIL tokens. Reputation is earned by being voted for by other users who find the provided content and feedback as being useful to them.
How Do Treksurf’s dApp and Protocol Layers Work?
The Treksurf platform is built upon three main layers which make up the core of its ecosystem:
- The Treksurf dApp Layer. This layer functions as the platform’s user-facing interface. Its main role is making it possible for the customers to browse the supplier offerings and complete their bookings based on their choice. The layer also supports access to the built-in Treksurf wallet which is used to store tokens such as LIL. DApp layer also serves as a support engine that allows users to post their reviews of the services they received with the help of the Treksurf platform. Finally, this layer links the customers with special offers and additional services such as travel insurance.
- The Treksurf Protocol Layer. This layer handles the underlying economic engine of the platform. It supports the implementation of Tron, Binance, Ethereum like blockchains. The Protocol Layer is home to a host of smart contracts which govern the interactions between all stakeholders in Treksurf’s ecosystem, including travellers, suppliers, and the platform’s strategic partners.
- This layer also plays an important role in enabling the value transfer on the platform, including economic transactions and reputation feedback. This is done with the help of proxy smart contracts, which are used to establish the validity of the process and greenlight the transfers for the involved stakeholders. The examples include the transfer of token-based value between customers and the property and service providers, such as when confirming the accommodation bookings
LIL Token Availability
As of July 2021, the market cap of the Lillion stood at USD 6 million. Some 2 million LIL tokens are currently in circulation, with the total supply being capped at more than 20 million units. LIL tokens are readily available for trading on cryptocurrency exchanges such as P2PB2B and others.