Jeans for All—How to Find the Best Jeans for Your Body Type
What is one of the most versatile fashion items ever? Well that’s easy—it’s jeans.
No matter what your particular style is, we all own at least one pair of jeans and can wear them for many different occasions, from casual to formal. The great thing about jeans is that there are so many different styles and types of jeans available, featuring everything from skinny to flared; but with so many choices available, how do you know which type of jeans are for you?
Well the good news is that no matter what your body type, there is a pair of jeans out there that are made just for you!
Below, I have included some examples of different body types and the styles of jeans are most flattering for each. You can even check out what kind of celebrities have the same body type as you too and use them as jean-spiration!
If you’re short (like me!), your goal is to find jeans that will make you look taller and help lengthen out your legs. With that in mind, here are some styles of jeans that would look perfect for your “petite” body type:
- Straight Leg Jeans—Create the illusion that you look way taller than you really are.
- Flared Jeans—Give yourself that amazing hourglass shape to balance out your body shape.
- Patterned Jeans—Patterns, especially those with vertical lines, help to lengthen your legs.
- Coloured Jeans—Bright hues will highlight your legs which in turn will make them look longer.
Celebrities with a “petite” body type: Rachel Bilson, Lady Gaga, Nicole Richie
If you’re tall, your goal is to find jeans that show off your lovely long legs, as this is probably one of your best features. With that in mind, here are some styles of jeans that would look perfect for your “tall” body type:
- Skinny Jeans—Shows off your best asset—your long legs!
- Distressed/Ripped Jeans—Draw focus to your legs so that they will be emphasized as a key feature.
- Longer Inseam Jeans—You’ll want to look for jeans with a longer inseam as this keeps jeans from coming up short on your legs.
- Cuffed “Boyfriend” Jeans—Create an appearance of balance to give your body a more hourglass figure.
Celebrities with a “tall” body type: Nicole Kidman, Taylor Swift, Gisele Bundchen
If you’re a bit more on the curvier side, your goal when shopping for the perfect pair of jeans is to look for something that will help to slim your body down, while still showing off the curvy areas that you love. With that in mind, here are some styles of jeans that would look perfect for your “curvy” body type:
- High-Waisted Jeans—Fit snugly around your waist to draw attention to your narrowest point while still highlighting your best curvy features.
- “Comfortable Fit” Jeans—The stretchy waistband will ensure you have a perfect, comfortable fit every time.
- Patterned Jeans—Patterns, especially with vertical lines, help to slim down your figure and elongate your frame.
- Dark/Black Jeans—Black is a flattering/slimming colour for everyone so with a pair of dark jeans you’ll be able to show off your shape while keeping your curves in check.
Celebrities with a “curvy” body type: Jessica Simpson, Jennifer Hudson, Kim Kardashian
Now if you’re more on the skinner side, no need to worry; your goal when shopping for jeans is to look for a pair that make your thighs and waist fuller and shapelier, giving you a more hourglass-like figure. With that in mind, here are some styles of jeans that would look perfect for your “thin” body type:
- Distressed/Ripped Jeans—Draws eyes to your thighs making thin frames appear more shapely.
- Patterned Jeans—Patterns, especially those with horizontal lines, will help to give the appearance of a fuller figure.
- Light Blue Jeans—Create an illusion of fuller looking legs/waist in contrast to darker hues which tend to give a more slimming effect.
- Flared Jeans—Your best accessory to give you that amazing hourglass shape to balance out your body type.
Celebrities with a “thin” body type: Emma Stone, Lindsay Lohan, Mischa Barton
Remember to keep in mind that you may not just fit into one body type. If you fit into more than one category, you will need to try experimenting with different styles of jeans from all the categories you fit. For example, I am petite and curvy; therefore, the styles of jeans that work best for me would be dark/black hues, patterned vertical lines, and high-waisted jeans with a straight leg cut. See—it’s that simple!
Hopefully now you’ve figured out what body type best describes you; but if you are in need of any more guidance, we’ve got you covered! Once you know your shape and what works for you—you’ll never have to worry if you can pull of “that” pair of jeans ever again because you know exactly what you’re looking for!
Happy Shopping and Styling!
Author: Betty Glauder is a student. She grew up in Aurora, Colorado. She studies at University of Colorado and works at paper writing help online service as writer. She is a Greenpeace volunteer. Also she is an amateur hip-hop dancer.