Important Things to look out for when hiring a moving in India
Shifting from one place to another is a very daunting task. Household shifting in India can take a toll on you both physically and mentally if you pack and move by yourself. Important Things to look out for when hiring a moving in India
Shifting from one place to another is a very daunting task. Household shifting in India can take a toll on you both physically and mentally if you pack and move by yourself. To make your moving experience as smooth as possible, rely on professional help. But with so many moving companies to choose from, how do you get down to hiring a moving in India that suits your needs? Well, there are certain important things to look out for.
1. The right movers and packers in India- At the very outset, you need to know what type of shifting you will be doing. Home shifting services will be different depending on the distance of the move, the weight of your belongings and the space they take up in the carrier truck. Again, household shifting in India will differ from vehicle shifting; and if you are shifting with your household as well as your vehicle, your moving requirements will be different.
Make sure: that before you start searching for the best packers and movers in India, you are clear about what type of move you will be making.
2. Licensed and Reviewed- It is mandatory for movers and packers in India to have a license of the state in which they are operating. Check that the home shifting services you are considering have verified credentials. It is a good idea to check out multiple movers- begin your research online, interview them over the phone, ask for reviews and testimonials left by previous clients. Check for negative reviews and complaints and how grievances are addressed by the packers and movers you are considering for hire.
Make sure: that the household shifting in India that you hire is credible, with a license, and verifiable contact details such as a permanent address, phone number, and so on. They should also have the logistics that enable you to contact them and to track the driver of the truck transporting your shipment at any time.
3. Insurance- When you are hiring a moving in India, you can avail of two sorts of protection: transit insurance, which is less expensive and only covers losses incurred while transportation; and full obligation insurance, which means that the shifting company is accountable for the entire value of your consignment and the mover would have to replace or pay cash for any items that are damaged or lost.
Make sure: to buy the right kind of insurance, collect original bills, and insurance certificate from the insurance company. Moving and packing companies offer all-inclusive insurance, so it is crucial that the movers have verifiable credentials.
4. Estimate- The best packers and movers will survey the things you need to move and provide a quote. It is important to compare the quotes of at least three home shifting services before booking one.
Household shifting in India happens based mainly on the bulk and weight of the goods to be transported. There might be extra charges for moving especially heavy items, for moving goods down the stairs, or anything else that requires extra effort on the part of the packers and movers.
Make sure: to ask about hidden costs and extra fees. Be clear that the estimate given by the mover is as accurate as possible.
5. Payments- Reputable movers and packers in India will only ask for a deposit before relocation. They do not ask for the full payment before your shipment is delivered at the destination and unpacked.
Make sure: not to pay the full amount, or even a very hefty deposit before the delivery of your goods. Be sure about the payment terms of different packers and movers before you hire one.
Once you have hired the right home shifting in India, make sure that you sign a legal contract that has everything in writing- an inventory of your belongings, the moving company's estimate and any extra fees, the insurance details, the pickup and delivery dates, and so on.