Journal logo

One Must Learn To Be Brave And Strong And Accepting

Everyone encounters some tricky and unpredictable things in life. Stories like mine are images I thought were only on TV. But: after I experienced these things myself,

By BobbyPublished 9 months ago 8 min read
One Must Learn To Be Brave And Strong And Accepting
Photo by Liam Martens on Unsplash

Everyone encounters some tricky and unpredictable things in life. Stories like mine are images I thought were only on TV. But: after I experienced these things myself, I realized that life is indeed painful and joyful at the same time, and today I am writing yesterday's story. I hope you can be as calm as I was .......  --Title

  March 2000 is my happiest day, my husband and I entered a private sector unit in Nanjing, two years after work, preparing for the wedding, at that time we did not have a house, a rented house is the two of us wedding room, a simple trip back home for the banquet even if married, the wedding down our hands to keep 30,000 yuan. The reason we did this is that we wanted to have some extra money around in case we bought a house after the wedding.

  The success of the company began to implement welfare housing in August 2000, the husband was also considered the backbone of the company, was included in the list of welfare housing, and soon after the implementation of this perfect, we got a house of their own, a simple wedding on the hands of the remaining 30,000 yuan also became our then life-saving food. There are most of the companies out of the half, the remaining is the in-laws raised all. At that time, I was 26 years old, it seems to be the world's happiest person. My husband and I were busy, busy forgetting all, my mother-in-law and father-in-law also helped us together, at that time our family is considered happy and harmonious.

  However, the sky is unpredictable, and people have a lot of misfortune. In May 2001, when we were still amid the joy, we spent the first Dragon Boat Festival in our new house and called my father-in-law, who was working in Nanjing, to come and spend it with us. At noon that day, I felt that my father-in-law looked very haggard, did not drink wine, and ate less food, which is completely different from the usual state of my father-in-law. When I asked him about the situation, he just calmly said that he thought his stomach was not feeling well, and after a simple meal and a short rest, he went back to his unit, and in the evening my husband came back and I described his situation like my husband, who immediately called him and told him to go to the hospital for a checkup, but he refused to go, and dragged his feet until July, when he realized the seriousness of his situation and called his husband to accompany him to the hospital. When we got the report card, we were like a thunderstorm, and our worries finally became reality. We couldn't believe it was true, but the facts told us that we had to accept it. When we settled down we called to hide his condition, told him it was a hydrocele and that he needed to be operated on immediately, and then called to tell his mother-in-law.

  At that time we bought a house and got married, the money left can be said to be few, mother-in-law borrowed 30,000 yuan from relatives and was immediately hospitalized. When the doctor came out with a bowl of bloody tumors, my mother-in-law fainted.

  The operation was a success and my father-in-law did not suffer any harm during the post-operative series of chemotherapy treatments, just like a normal person. At that time, I had been married for three years, and my father-in-law was already 61 years old and had no grandchildren. Our family was all smiles for the arrival of these two little angels, and we felt that God was fair after all.

  The two little ones were growing happily in my belly, and I was about to give birth in 20 days, but during that time my body was itchy and I couldn't sleep well at night because of the high bile acid. On the morning of July 3, I was lying in bed with two little ones moving around in my belly, and my stomach started to hurt slightly. At one o'clock in the afternoon, I was admitted to the hospital, and when the doctor took me for a checkup, he found bloody amniotic fluid and only one fetal heart moving, several doctors were busy pushing me to the operating table and immediately performed a rupture of the abdomen, resulting in another little angel being mercilessly taken away from me. I was afraid to tell my father-in-law about this news because I was afraid he wouldn't accept the death of one of his grandchildren. However, when my father-in-law repeatedly asked my mother-in-law if the two children I had were still healthy, my mother-in-law could no longer resist telling him the unfortunate news. At that moment, my father-in-law collapsed. Although he had two sons, at the age of sixty-one, he did not have a grandson, and how he wished I could give birth to two grandchildren for him safely. One month later, the disease struck again, and I returned home with my daughter and a share of regret when I was 42 days old. When I went back and saw that my father-in-law was only skin and bones, I couldn't hold back my tears any longer as the rain poured down and blurred my eyes in an instant. The morning after I saw my granddaughter, my father-in-law closed his eyes peacefully and passed away.

  I remember it was August of '03. At that time, it was like I was pushed into the abyss, losing two relatives at once. I complained that God was playing tricks on people, giving me a smooth start and making me suffer such a big blow in life.

  In the next two years, I finally came over smoothly, teaching my father and son at home. The day is also a happy life. But God seems to be intentionally against me, in November 2006 my body also felt ill, but fortunately, not a serious illness, in the hospital for 20 days to recover from the hospital. At that time, I also went to work, the children also started kindergarten, and the days were living in a such an uneventful way.

  Since the death of my father-in-law, my mother-in-law has been feeling bad about her stomach, we are not with her, my mother-in-law and honest oldest son at home dependent on each other, all the things at home or to her mother-in-law to command, the only mother-in-law in the old home can rely on is the two close aunts, but my mother-in-law in the final stage to go for a check-up but did not tell the two aunts. Although we were thinking about my mother-in-law's health in Nanjing and worried about her, my mother-in-law did not find any abnormality after numerous examinations, and on August 07, my mother-in-law called to tell her husband that she had esophageal cancer, which told us how to believe it was true. She went alone to get the report, and finally, a person called to tell us the thunderous news. Then we told the two aunts the news. The three sisters were the only ones living in the countryside, the other two lived in the city and had many children. When they learned of their mother-in-law's bad news they couldn't hold back any longer.

  We asked our aunts to bring our mother-in-law to Nanjing to go to a cancer hospital to confirm the diagnosis, and at that time we put our hopes on the cancer hospital, hoping that the result was a misdiagnosis, but when my husband got the report again, he couldn't hold back his tears anymore. When she was on the operating table, the doctor opened a foot-long incision between her front chest and back. In the later two years of chemotherapy, she was in pain and worse than death, and every chemotherapy treatment would send her to the ghost gate. Each chemotherapy treatment made her tear her heart out in bed. But my mother-in-law always had a ray of hope, hoping that one more day of chemotherapy would keep her alive. During the last CT examination, the doctor told us that the cancer cells of my mother-in-law had spread to her whole body. We did not tell her the truth, but she always thought that she would be well, and of course, we were trying our best to cooperate with her, hoping that there would be a chance of survival.

  After two years of pain and suffering, my mother-in-law passed away at 8:00 am on July 5, 2009, with a sense of fondness, sadness, and regret at the age of 61.

  After so many experiences, I never thought I would be the owner of the story. I used to see such stories published in the newspapers, or only appear on TV, but I never thought I would experience it myself. It's been two years since my mother-in-law passed away, and now I'm not looking for great wealth and prosperity, just peace for my family.

  After so much experience, also become strong and brave, perhaps this is the test of life God gives us, then we must be brave to accept it. Although fate was unfair to me, it made me learn to be strong, brave, and accepting in life.

  I hope my story can help those friends who are being negative and losing faith. I also hope that my article will bring more inspiration to you all, that one must be strong and brave to accept what happens around you when you live. Everything will pass and everything will be fine.

  What I miss now is not the family that has passed away, but the strength that I had at that time.


About the Creator


Writers who like to write, experience life, and learn about life

Reader insights

Be the first to share your insights about this piece.

How does it work?

Add your insights


There are no comments for this story

Be the first to respond and start the conversation.

Sign in to comment

    Find us on social media

    Miscellaneous links

    • Explore
    • Contact
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Use
    • Support

    © 2023 Creatd, Inc. All Rights Reserved.