Journal logo

Deep Dive Into My If’s

My personal choices

By Colleen Millsteed Published 9 months ago 3 min read
9
Image courtesy of Pixabay

Subhi Najar (Medium Writer) invited me to answer a number of ’what if’ questions and these are my resulting answers.

I hope you enjoy learning more about the person I am through these answers.

1. If you could write your life again, what would you keep?

If I could rewrite my life, I’d keep 80% of all I experienced. These experiences are what has made me who I am today — which I have to say is far from perfect. The other 20% I wouldn’t keep is the experiences that have made me the broken individual that stands here before you.

2. If you could write your life again, what would you change?

As mentioned in question 1, there’s about 20% of my life that has been so traumatic that I’m still beaten bloody and raw by those experiences. If I could rewrite my life, these experiences would be erased for sure.

3. If your life was an island, what sort of island is it?

I love this question, because my life is an island. A deserted and isolated island that I have fought to keep in such a manner. A place that I will defend with my life to keep isolated and private, only letting in those few lucky individuals that I treasure.

4. If you need to choose between the heart and the brain, what would you choose?

I’ll take the brain any day. It works on logic and intelligence. The heart on the other hand is a pesky little thing, full of pain, betrayal and complicated emotions.

5. If money was not a problem in life, what would you do?

Retire and start to live the life I’d always dreamed of living.

6. If you had to choose between day and night, what would you choose?

I’m a lover of the night. I guess it matches the darkness in me. The love of isolation, loneliness and solitude.

7. If you could invite three celebrities ( from all times) to a lovely lunch, who would you choose and what type of restaurant would you choose?

Funnily enough I’d not invite any celebrities. They are just people like you and me and quite frankly I’d prefer to spend a lovely lunch with family and friends, those that mean the world to me.

8. If you could make up your perfect day, what would it look like? Please describe it.

My perfect day would be to wake with the one I love, spend some time enjoying his company in solitude, followed by an outing into Mother Nature — be that fishing, a walk on the beach or a hike in the rainforest, and lastly a leisurely bath, romantic dinner and a night of passion, before resting within my dreams.

9. If you had to choose one food to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

Seafood, especially if it was freshly caught and even better if I caught it myself.

10. If you could make one decision to change your life drastically, what would it be?

Quit my job and leave the city I’m living in to pursue my passion in life — if I ever discover what that passion may be.

Please click the link below my name to read more of my work. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to read this today and for all your support.

If you enjoy this piece, you may enjoy this one too.

Please visit my website if you'd like more information on my newly published book, Battle Angel : The Ultimate She Warrior.

Originally published on Medium

interview
9

About the Creator

Colleen Millsteed

My first love is poetry — it’s like a desperate need to write, to free up space in my mind, to escape the constant noise in my head. Most of the time the poems write themselves — I’m just the conduit holding the metaphorical pen.

Reader insights

Be the first to share your insights about this piece.

How does it work?

Add your insights

Comments (7)

Sign in to comment
  • Cathy holmes8 months ago

    This is great. I loved your answers.

  • Jazzy 9 months ago

    I loved these questions and your answers. My perfect day also included freshly caught seafood and walks on the beach.

  • Can I be on your island? 🥺❤️ Also I love the way you view celebrities. They're just people like us!

  • Mariann Carroll9 months ago

    Great questions and Excellent answer from someone who explained life ♥️I love to share this story of yours ♥️🌺🥰🥳

  • Nice to get to peak a little further behind the curtain. Thanks for inviting us in.

  • Alex H Mittelman 9 months ago

    Thats very interesting to learn!

  • Test9 months ago

    Loved reading this, Questuins were thoughtful and answers were thought provoking 🤍 Thank you! Love that you have little time for celebrity and family is central 🤍

Find us on social media

Miscellaneous links

  • Explore
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • Support

© 2024 Creatd, Inc. All Rights Reserved.