The Basic Meaning of the Astrological Houses
The Meaning of Each Sign and Planet Is Explained in Basic Terms
In understanding the basics of astrology, you will see that it involves studying the ever-changing pattern of the planets and stars in relation to the human experience.
It is common that most people know their Sun sign and a few popular phrases describing qualities associated with that sign. For example, Geminis are said to love being the center of attention and are two-faced, Taureans are said to be stubborn, and so forth.
However, the zodiac is better understood as a sequence of symbols representing twelve phases of the cycle of evolution.
To grasp the basics of astrology, it’s important to understand the meaning of three basic factors: planets, signs, and houses. Learning to familiarize yourself with the cycles and aspects is a little more advanced.
Four Major Points on the Horoscope Chart:
These four angles define the four quadrants of the sky, which are then further subdivided into the twelve divisions of the sky which define the astrological houses.
- The Ascendant/Rising Sign (first house/Aries)
- The Midheaven/The Medium Coeli (tenth house/Capricorn)
- The Descendant (seventh house/Libra)
- The Imum Corli/The Nadir (fourth house/ Libra)
These four points represent the cardinal quadruplicity.
What is a "house" in astrological terms?
A house in astrology is coincidentally similar to a clock. The zodiac is divided into twelve individual segments, or houses, each one being ruled by a different sign.
The zodiac begins with the first house, which is represented by the sign of Aries and goes counterclockwise around.
People often study the houses to predict which parts of their life will come into focus and where they can take the best possible actions.
The daily astrology reports that you check on your app are not as accurate as the monthly horoscope or the birth chart. For accuracy and detail for your personal birthday, it's best to do your birth chart, which can be done online for free. Your birth chart will tell you about your passions, purpose, when you will conceive a baby or get married or divorced, what to study or which career to choose, and so much more. I highly recommend it for anyone wanting to get a better, more complete understanding of the direction their life has gone and how to create a new path.
The Meaning of Each House
- Aries= first house: Self (ruled by Mars)
- Taurus= second house: Material values and security (ruled by Venus)
- Genini= third house: Learning and communication (ruled by Mercury)
- Cancer= fourth house: Home life and the base of operations (ruled by the Moon)
- Leo= fifth house: Recreation, romance, and creativity (ruled by the Sun)
- Virgo= sixth house: The work environment, duties, and health (ruled by Mercury)
- Libra= seventh house: Relationships, partnerships, and marriage (ruled by Venus)
- Scorpio= eighth house: Meeting needs, life secrets, and joint resources (ruled by Pluto)
- Sagittarius= ninth house: Travel, higher learning, and philosophy of life (ruled by Jupiter)
- Capricorn= tenth house: The career, prestige, and reputation (ruled by Saturn)
- Aquarius= eleventh house: Friendships, associations, ideals, and causes (ruled by Uranus)
- Pisces= twelfth house: The subconscious, psychological issues, and secrets (ruled by Neptune)
Each of the twelve houses corresponds with one of the twelve signs.
You would say or read this chart as: the first house is associated with the sign Aries and represents "self image and the formation of identity."
So, the next time you're reading your monthly horoscope and it says Leo is in the tenth house for "x" amount of days or weeks, that simply means anyone born under the sun sign Leo or the ascendant of Leo will experience something career-wise or a prestigious announcement, or otherwise being recognized for your work or receiving an award, etc.
Explore this TOP vocal creator page to find your sign and your life purpose!