AI In Healthcare: 7 Benefits That Can Provide Advanced Medical Facility
Science is progressing in this digitally advanced world. This includes computer science, medical facilities and many other fields. But the amazing part is these branches often fuse to form a new one. Just like AI in healthcare.
AI in medical facilities is the fusion of computer science with the medical field. This technology is said to help this field in many ways. Furthermore, AI has said to increase the percentage of long term treatment completion by 96%!
That was one part of it. There are several others. These pros make the medical industry invest in AI. Furthermore, this investment is going to make the AI market share around $ 7.7 billion by 2021! So let’s take an insight into the benefits of AI in healthcare. But first let’s learn a bit about this technology. Read about Chronic Disease Management.
Artificial Intelligence – Introduction
We all hear about artificial intelligence. Yet we often fumble when we try to explain it. So let’s make it clear from the term itself. The term artificial intelligence was first coined by Alan Turning in the 1950s. However, several other scientists went on adding more flesh and blood to this term. Turing set the prime goal and vision of this term with one simple question. “Can machines think?” Scientists have tried all these years to answer this question in the affirmative.
Artificial intelligence means the duplication of human intelligence. This intelligence is infused in machines. This makes them complete tasks which require human thinking. Artificial intelligence has some sub branches:
- Machine learning
- Deep learning, and
This branch of computer science has enabled these to perform work without human effort. In short, machines can do what humans can! From businesses to government sectors are implementing this technology for:
- Better security
- Enhanced productivity
- Assured quality, and
- Proper safety
For healthcare, the applications are the same. But the area in which this technology is applied is different. So let’s check those out!
7 AI in Healthcare Benefits that can Provide Advanced Facilities
Technology has been evolving. You often find yourself surrounded with many apps and websites about medical facilities. These apps are often powered by AI.
Did you know? AI in healthcare helps to save 20%-50% of yearly savings! Furthermore, medical centers are adopting AI for making many manual processes automated. Starting from surgery to disease detection, you get many such facilities. Now let’s check the most important ones.
Better data-driven decision
Doctors have a hectic schedule. And remembering and finding necessary documents and data can be extremely important. So rather than manually finding them AI and healthcare can assist doctors in this process. Since an AI system tends to collect all the documents related to the organization in a cloud. Therefore, authoritative users can access this data at any point of time. This can be extremely beneficial while making decisions. Since, with better information decisions are made better. Read more at Medical Diagnosis Software.
Detect disease at an early stage
Now you have all the information at your disposal. So you can compare a patient’s records easily to find out towards which direction the disease is progressing. Furthermore, AI driven medical apps can also help in this. These apps monitor your heartbeat, pulse rate, and other necessary details. Also if you input about your health issues it will provide you with:
- Daily reports about your health
- Practices that you need to obtain
- Daily health habits
- Getting doctor’s appointment
- Appointment reminders
- Virtual appointment and others
Assistance in Surgery
Automation is used in many industries. But after much research it has been implemented in the medical field as well. Hospitals nowadays implement surgical systems. Here the machines make accurate movements required during a surgery. Automation, therefore, has these advantages:
- Minimal blood lack
- Less pain
- Use of antibacterial nano-robots to prevent infections
- Reducing side effects and much more
Now we know how AI in healthcare assists doctors in surgeries. It also provides them with updated reports about the patients’ current condition. These reports are backed-up by previous reports. Therefore, these reports are highly accurate in nature.
Automated human support
As said before, AI in healthcare and other fields has reduced human labor. Robots have taken over the roles of nurses. Here are some ways how robots are better replacements than humans:
- Robotic Assistance
- Exoskeleton robots helps paralyzed people get physiotherapy
- Checks blood pressure
- Helps to check temperatures
- Maintains sugar levels
- Helps patients to take their medicine on time and others
Supports mental health
People often ignore mental health. But it’s one of the most important health issues that we face in this current time. Depression and its sister companions often come when you feel abandoned. Therefore, AI companion robots or conversational robots, helps you keep positive.
These robots have to build personality detection algorithms. They detect your emotions and help to maintain a balance in them. This helps people suffering from mental health issues remain positive.
AI based mental health apps also help. This helps in the following ways:
- Tracking daily lifestyle habits
- Automatically track sleeping hours
- Provides reminders about medicines, appointments and other activities
- Teaches relaxation techniques
- Enables you to participate in like minded groups
- Helps to maintain a journal and much more
Saves money and energy
AI in healthcare tends to save till 50% of a firm’s yearly expenditure. Furthermore, it also reduces many other activities. Let’s check how AI is enabling that:
- Reduce unnecessary hospital visits by creating platforms for virtual appointments
- Simplifying and automating accounting
- Unburdening staffs from unimportant tasks to focus more on patients’ health
- Reducing treatment time since important data are provide in a single click
- Creating time saving administrative duties and much more
So these were some of the most important AI applications used in healthcare. However, the list doesn’t end here. But the space is too short to jot down every facility that AI in healthcare is providing and going to provide in the future. Read more at Healthcare Automation.
But before you leave, let’s take a look back at all that we have discussed.
AI in Healthcare Benefits – In a Nutshell
- Helps to make better decision with AI’s big data analytics
- AI helps in better diagnosis and early stage detection of a disease
- Artificial intelligence in healthcare extends a hand during surgeries
- Updates medical facilities with accurate reports about patients’ post-surgical conditions
- AI robots tends to provide better support to patients especially for daily activities
- Supports patients suffering from mental health issues
- Saves time and energy by making processes efficient
Implement your ideas at Healthcare Software Development Company.