Maddie's mind part 1
follow this fictional but fun blog
Hi, I'm Maddie and welcome to my dairy / blog! I'm 23 years old and I have been keeping a regular dairy since I was 15. I've finally gotten the courage to publish my daily thoughts online. Well... most of them anyways! Some of you may know me from my main blog that I've had for 3 years now where I post my poems and photos. My dream is to be a poet and
photographer but that is a hard world to make money in and unfortunately that's something we have to have to make it in this world. Anyways back to introducing myself. I currently work as a hair stylist. The reason I do that is pretty simple. It's what my mom does and I had no idea what to do with myself after high school. I ended up taking some random classes at a local community College while I worked at an ice cream shop. After a year of living with no real direction my mom said she would pay for me to follow in her foot steps and become a hair stylist. I couldn't think of a reason to say no. I mean writing poems online and scooping ice cream wasn't paying the bills and I had no Idea what I was doing in community College. It turns out I'm pretty decent at doing hair I mean it's not my passion but I don't mind it. Plus I get to work with my mom and her best friend Casey. I know that may not sound very exciting but Casey is one of thoes people who always seems to be in a good mood. She is amazing at doing hair I mean she owns the salon! However I think she should have been a comedian! She never fails to make me laugh. As much as I enjoy being at work, I don't want to stay there forever. However, when you passion is somewhere in the arts or entertainment field it is a challenge to earn a living doing it. I do know for a fact though that no matter what I'm never going to stop dreaming or creating. Even if I never make a living doing what I truly love. My best friend Lisa is so lucky that her aunt owns a tattoo shop so she is able to work there creating art she is proud of. I wish I could be a tattoo artist too but I'm much better at taking pictures then I am at drawing them. I hope you feel like you have gotten a chance to know me through all the random things I've written here. Before I end this post here are five fun facts about me.
1. I have 5 tattoos! - Lisa has done three of then her aunt has done the other ones. My favorite one is the one that Lisa surprised my with one my birthday. She wouldn't let me see it until it was done and as soon as I saw it I was crying tears of joy. It was a tattoo of a very colorful gingerbread house. Every year since we were in the the fifth grade Lisa and I make a gingerbread house together. This was truly beautiful symbol of our friendship
2. I have three cats! - My cats are siblings I adopted them from a local cat rescue. We had planned on adopting two of them but there were only three of them left and I couldn't leave one there all alone. Their names are Bubbles, Sandy, and Coral.
3. I collect hats - I'm not sure how many I have but it's probably over a 100! I'm always looking for new ones. I go thrift shopping at lot!
4. I'm always taking pictures - it could be with my camera or my phone it doesn't matter what I use but I do my best to take at least one picture a day.
5. I love the beach ! - If I could live anywhere it would be in a beach house. I doesn't matter what beach as long as it's a nice one.
Thanks for reading my personal blog!
Maddie L. :)
About the Creator
Hello, there! I am a creative and fun loving blogger with a bucket list, big dreams and a love of writing. Some of my favorite things to write about include self care, blogging, and pets.
There are no comments for this story
Be the first to respond and start the conversation.