Lipstick is a great way to express yourself and add a little color to your face without having to wear a full face of makeup. It can take your look from day to night in matter of seconds and can help you put the finishing touch on your outfit. With so many different colors, finishes, and formulas to choose from, it can be a bit overwhelming to figure out the best way to apply lipstick. Here’s a brief guide to help you get a perfect pout every time.
1. Prep your lips - Before applying lipstick, it’s important to make sure your lips are in good condition. Start by exfoliating your lips with a lip scrub. This will help remove any dead, dry skin cells, leaving your lips soft and smooth. To add extra hydration, you can also apply a lip balm before applying your lipstick.
2. Apply lip liner - Lip liner can help prevent your lipstick from bleeding or smudging. To choose the right shade, pick a lip liner that’s the same tone as your chosen lipstick. Lightly draw the lip liner around the edge of your lips to add definition and help define your lip shape. 3. Start applying your lipstick - Using a lip brush or directly from the lipstick tube, start applying the lipstick in the middle of your lips and work your way outwards. Be sure to blend the edges with the lip liner. When you’re finished, blot your lips with a tissue and then layer one more coat of lipstick on top. 4. Set your lipstick - To help your lipstick last longer, apply a dusting of translucent powder or a matching lipstick matte powder. This will help the lipstick stay in place and prevent it from smudging. 5.Reapply throughout the day - When your lipstick needs a touch up, try using a lip stain or lip gloss for a quick fix. This will help refresh the color and take away any shine. To achieve a perfect lip look, it’s important to find the right lipstick shade and finish for your skin tone. It’s also important to take the time to properly apply it. With just a few easy steps, lipsticks can be used to create nearly any look you can imagine. With so many different lipsticks to choose from, you can create endless looks that are all uniquely you.
How to use.......
1. Start with a clean face. First and foremost, make sure to clean the area around your lips. This means removing dirt, oils, and any makeup that may already be on your face. Use an oil-based cleanser to avoid irritating the skin.
2. Hydrate your lips. Apply a lip balm or Vaseline to your lips to prevent flaky skin. This will also help lipstick adhere to the lips.
3. Line your lips. Use a lip liner to outline the shape of your lips. This will give you a guide for where the lipstick should go and will make it easier to apply. Start at the centre of your upper lip and draw a line along the outer edge. Repeat with your lower lip.
4. Fill in your lips. Use the lip liner to fill in your lips. Doing this will help the lipstick stay on longer.
5. Apply lipstick. Use a lip brush or your finger to apply lipstick. Start from the outer edge and work your way towards the centre. Make sure to blend the line of lip liner into the lipstick.
6. Apply lip gloss. Applying a lip gloss will help give your lips a glossy, smooth look.
7.Blot your lips. Place a tissue between your lips and, without pressing your lips together, blot. Blotting will help remove excess lipstick and prevent transfer onto coffee mugs or glasses.
8. Reapply. If needed, reapply your lipstick for added colour and coverage.
9. Now you’re all set! You have successfully applied lipstick. Enjoy the beautiful finish and stay gorgeous!