East Lansing is one of the most beautiful cities which is nestled in the heart of Michigan. The city lies in Ingham County with a smaller portion extending which is located north into Clinton County. The city is home to one of the best universities, Michigan State University. East Lansing was located in the year 1907. The city is renowned as one of the top-notch places to live in the city. apart from the university city, East Lansing is known for some of the best tourist attractions, restaurants, coffee shops as well as different parks.
The economy of the city revolves around the university and it is the major employer of East Lansing. East Lansing is situated on land that was an essential intersection of two essential Native American groups that are Potawatomi as well as the Fox.
Different kinds of student housing in East Lansing
The city is based in Michigan across the United States of America and it is overflowing with different kinds of activities. In this city, you can find a wide range of accommodations in the city. In East Lansing, you can find different educational universities. Here you can find on-campus student accommodation East Lansing. On the other hand, if you want to have some privacy, you can find off-campus student housing that has different rooms like studios, private rooms as well as shared rooms. these accommodations provide different facilities to the students who live in the accommodation including a gym, cinema hall, social areas, gaming area, and much more. if you are looking for off-campus student accommodation then you need to consider location as well as budget. Some of the best accommodation to be considered comprises of:
The Landings at Chandler Crossings
The Village at Chandler Crossings
The Club at Chandler Crossings
What is the SAVE plan?
30th June 2023, the Biden-Harris administration has announced the details of the new SAVE plan. This income-driven repayment plan is the replacement of the earlier Revised Pay As You Earn plan. This was designed to make higher education less expensive for students who have low or middle income. Depending on the situation, the SAVE PLAN can reduce your federal student loan payments by around half the amount. Single borrowers who can earn an annual income of $32,800 or less will have to pay $0 monthly payment under the new plan. It is estimated that the borrowers who earn more than that can save more than $1,000 in overall savings each year as compared to other IDR plans. In addition to lower payments, the plan also offers a 100% subsidy for unpaid interest which allows the student with forgiveness sooner if you have a small loan balance and if you are married does not comprise your spouse’s income when calculating your monthly payment.
How to enroll in the SAVE plan
The first phase of the SAVE plan is now available and you can easily enrol here. Here you can enjoy full program benefits going into effect in the month of July 2024. To enroll in the SAVE plan, you can easily submit an IDR plan request at the website StudentAid.gov. Once you have logged in, you need to provide your contact information, the reason for the request, employment and income, family size, and marital status.
If you do not see any SAVE plan option, then you can select REPAYE and you will be automatically enrolled in the SAVE plan. If you are an existing REPAYE plan participant, you will automatically be switched to the SAVE plan when the enrolment opens. Those who are under another IDR plan can request a switch to REPAYE to get automatically moved to the SAVE plan once enrollment opens.
More SAVE benefits to start next year
The three SAVE plan features mentioned above will be implemented in the summer of 2023 when enrollment officially begins. However, more changes are rolling out on 1st July 2024 that cut your costs even more.
- Pay 5% of your income: If you only have undergrad loans, then you will see the monthly payment reduced from 10% to 5% of your income. For those who want to repay the graduate loans, the payments will be calculated based on a weighted average depending on the original balance.
- Earn forgiveness after 120 payments: If the original loan amount you borrowed was $12,000 or less. You can easily access loan forgiveness in just 10 years instead of 20.
- Automatic enrolment: Any borrower who does not make a payment of about 75 days and previously agreed to disclose the federal tax information.
- Paused payments can help you earn credit: If you defer or forbear your loans, your paused payments will count toward the number needed for forgiveness. If your reason does not qualify, you can easily catch up on payments to receive credit for the period.
- Extra help if you default: If you have a loan in default, then you can get access to the Income-Based Repayment plan. if you have had a $0 payment at the time of default, this loan is automatically put into good standing so you can have easy access.
- Consolidate won’t reset the clock: If you consolidate your loans midway across repayment, you can easily get credits for the payments you made before consolidation instead of having your payment count reset to zero.