How to Differentiation for Splitting Very Large PST Files?
Differentiation for Splitting Very Large PST Files
MS Outlook stores all data in PST format. This PST format contains all important data that include Emails, Contacts, Notes, Tasks, Calendars, etc. All that data is subject to regular usage that continues to grow every day.
Many users delete the data so that they can speed up the program, but that also does not work. In fact, doing a soft delete will move the item directly to the deleted folder, but this doesn't solve the problem. Therefore, many users complain about using less disk space to store additional data items in PST files. This is mainly due to the size limitation of MS Outlook. Therefore, in this blog, we will be going through the ways to split the PST files and thus save much space in the MS Outlook email client.
Why would a user need to split a large PST file?
We found that when an Outlook PST file reaches its maximum file size, it impacts the user's work and disrupts functionality. Several other reasons lead to the need to split large PST files.
- The user is unable to access Outlook.
- As the size of the PST file grows, the data in the file becomes inaccessible to users.
- Users may face problems in managing large PST files.
- Outlook also prevents users from sending and receiving e-mail messages.
- Splitting PST files makes message management easier.
These are some of the reasons for a user to split their PST files.
Methods to split the PST files
Here are some of the methods following which a user will be able to split their Outlook PST files. Let us have a look at this method;
Method 1: Reduce PST Size in Import/Export Process
- Launch MS Outlook and click File on the menu bar.
- Go to Account Settings and then select Account Settings.
- On the Data Files tab of the dialog box, click the Add button.
- Enter the name and type as Outlook Data File (.pst) and click OK to create a new PST file.
- The new PST file will appear under Data Files.
- Then click the File menu and select the Open and Export option and click the Import/Export button.
- In the Import and Export Wizard, select File Export and click the Next button.
- In the File Export window, select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click the Next button.
- Select the folder to export and check the Include subfolders option if you want to export subfolders.
- Go to Selector, select the location of the exported files, and select the Disallow to duplicate export option from Options.
- Set a password for the exported PST file or cancel if necessary.
Method 2: Use the Move to Folder option to manage large PST files. Navigate using the step-by-step instructions below:
- Launch Outlook and click File tab >> Account Settings >> Account Settings.
- Click Data File and click the Add button to add a new PST file.
- Go to Home, open the default PST file in your Outlook profile, and select the items you want to move to the new PST file created in step 2.
- To do this, click the Move button on the ribbon and select Copy to Folder.
- Select a PST file so that you can move all selected data items from the default PST file to the new PST file.
- You can delete the copied items from the default PST file to reduce its size.
Method 3: Use the Archive Assistant to Reduce PST File Size
You can use the Archive Assistant to split large PST files in Outlook. Please follow these simple steps:
- Launch MS Outlook and go to File >> Info >> Tools >> Clear Outdated Items. Archive the files to the desired location.
- Select a folder to archive, select a date to archive old items, and click Browse to save the archive file to your desired location.
These are some of the methods that a user can follow to split their Outlook PST files. Also, following the manual method users do face many limitations.
Restrictions faced by the manual method
There are many restrictions that are faced by the users while following the manual method of splitting. These restrictions include:
- More chances of error
- To split multiple PST file a user, have to follow the method again and again
- Hierarchy is not maintained
- Non-tech users find it difficult to follow the manual method
- Accuracy is not provided
These are some of the restrictions that are faced by the users while following the manual method of restrictions.
Split the PST files using the Split PST tool
The Softaken Split PST tool is one of the great applications that helps users in an easy splitting of the PST files. Without any hurdle, any user is able to split the PST files completely. Every user is able to follow the splitting of the PST files. Great accuracy is provided by the tool every time. The integrity of the files is also maintained by this advanced solution. Moreover, the app provides a convenient platform for every single user. The files are maintained as it is with this advanced solution. Apart from this, the app provides many advanced features. Also, it is an advanced solution for every user.
If users want to try the app, then they can try out the demo version of the app.
Steps to split the PST files
A user can easily follow the steps of splitting with the help of this advanced solution. Let us have a look at these steps;
- Firstly, install the application in your system
- Now, add the PST files that you want to split
- Choose the category to split up your PST files
- Lastly, add the location to save the split files
- Finally, click on the process button
These steps can be completely followed by any user without facing any kind of restriction.
With this blog, we have provided users with information about the splitting of PST files. Users can choose the professional method for easily splitting the PST files. Moreover, it is all up to the users to select the user’s choice method.