Guide to Fix Garmin Not Working After Update
Guide to Fix Garmin Express or Garmin GPS not Working issue. Learn how you can fix it on your own.
If your Garmin Express or Garmin Device is not working after getting the update and you have tried numerous attempts to fix it, then Read this article. We have a solution for you!
Before we proceed to “How to fix Garmin Not working Issue”, let’s first understand what this issue is all about.
Like any other electronic device, Garmin GPS device is also prone to some technical problems which can lead to this issue. The problem can be related to hardware or software malfunction. There are many related terms on the internet that you can found, co-relate this issue.
Some of the Common issues are:
- Garmin GPS not working.
- Garmin Map Crashing.
- Nuvi Stopped working.
- Touch screen not Responsive.
- Garmin GPS won’t turn on.
There are many other co-related terms to Garmin GPS not working, and there may be different reasons behind this problem.
In this article, we will tell you some advanced solutions that will help you in turning on your GPS device.
Solutions to Solve Garmin GPS Not Working Issue:
These are the simple steps to follow and troubleshoot "Garmin GPS not turning on" Issue.
- To start with, first, ensure that you charged your Garmin device. If you have charged your device recently then you can perform the Hard Reset Process on it. This process will erase all the in your device.
- To perform the Hard Reset, disconnect your device from the power vent.
- Now Press the Power button which is there at the bottom right corner of the device. Hold it for a few seconds and keep your finger on the device’s screen.
- Press "Yes" on the screen and follow the instructions displayed on your device’s screen which will reboot your Garmin device. By doing this, Master Reset will clear up any software related issue in your device.
- Now ensure that GPS antenna is plugged in on your device correctly.
- Once the process is complete, check your device if it is working properly.
If the above method doesn’t make any improvement in the current state of your GPS device, then try deleting the Garmin GPS device update and consider installing it again.
- For that, reset your Device again by following steps mentioned above and then link it with your PC using a USB cable.
- Download the Garmin Express app on your Laptop/computer and then register your device on it and let it search for latest updates for your Garmin device.
- If you are unable to find any Map update dashboard here then select Home Icon. It is there at the top left corner of the Express Software window. Next, select the ‘Install’ button and wait for your device to update.
Sometimes it is difficult to find the problem, and an expert’s eye is required to find those issues on your GPS device.
How to Fix Garmin Express not Working after Update:
- From the “start” menu; open the “Run” window and type ‘services.msc’ in the search field. Click “Enter.”
- A new window will show up after when you press “ENTER” from the keyboard. In this window locate the “Garmin Core update service” option and right-click on it.
- Next, click to select ‘Properties’ and then click on the ‘Log on’ tab.
- A new window will open; there will be a radio button with the name ‘This account,’ click on this.
- In the “Account” field, type ‘Network service.’ Also, ensure to delete/remove all/any passwords filled from the provided fields.
- Give your consent by clicking “Ok” in the following steps/prompts, until you see the “Apply” button that will save you recently made settings.
- Now again right-click on the ‘Garmin Core Update service’ and click on ‘STOP.’ stay in this window and repeat the action; right click but this time select the “Start” option instead of “Stop” from the sub-menu.
Following these steps and working with these options will undoubtedly fix Garmin express not working issues.
In case these don’t work, you can try following some other steps as well. Following check out what is the other possible message.
Disable all Security Settings, AntiVirus, and Firewalls:
Disabling any installed 3rd party security software like Antivirus, Trojan Remover, Firewall, etc can also work for you. Sometimes the strict firewall settings don’t allow the newly-downloaded update files to run. There might be blocking the path of the Garmin Express application.
To resolve this, you should temporarily disable all these security programs. Of course, you can enable them again once your Garmin Express gets back to its job.
Check out these steps that will help you in completing this action.
- From the “start” menu; go to “Control Panel” and select “Microsoft Security Essentials” from the shown-up list.
- Click on the “Settings” ->Real-time protection; this will take you to the next page.
- Clear the checkbox with the name “Turn-on real-time protection.”
- Finally, click on the “Save Changes” button to exit.
Now, restart your system and relaunch the Garmin Express; it will soon be working!!