Hemp Seeds Benefits, Nutrition, Uses
Hemp Seeds Benefits, Nutrition, Uses
**Hemp Seeds Benefits, Nutrition, Uses**
What are hemp/ cannabis seeds? Hemp/ Cannabis seeds or cannabis hearts are cannabis plants or cannabis Sativa seeds. They are technically nuts but are known as seeds or hearts. Here are the Hemp Seeds Benefits, Nutrition, Uses, and Side Effects. Hemp Seeds Benefits
Each part of the hemp plant provides a different compound and the seeds are the same. There is a lot of confusion about many parts of hemp and how to use it, especially as the market continues to grow. Hemp Seeds Benefits
**Why are cannabis seeds called superfoods?**
Cannabis seeds are known as superfoods because they are very nutritious. They contain all nine essential amino acids that our body cannot produce itself (such food sources with all nine amino acids are very rare). It is also rich in unsaturated fats and omega 3 fatty acids such as alpha linolenic acid, which are very important for heart and brain health. Hemp Seeds Benefits, Nutrition, Uses, and Side Effects Hemp Seeds Benefits
**// Health Benefits of Cannabis Seeds**
In addition to the nutritional benefits, some studies have shown that cannabis seeds have a wide range of beneficial health benefits. What you can do:
**1. Protect the brain | Hemp Seeds Benefits**
A study published in the journal Food Chemistry found that cannabis seed extract has antioxidant properties in laboratory tests. These effects may be due to the cannabidiol (CBD) content of the seeds.
The results of a reliable source review in 2018 suggest that CBD and other compounds in seeds have neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory effects and may also help regulate the immune system.
The review suggests that due to these potential properties, CBD may help neurological conditions, including:
* Parkinson’s disease
* Alzheimer’s disease
* Multiple sclerosis
* Neuropathic pain
* Seizures in children
**2. Improve heart health | Hemp Seeds Benefits**
* The medical community believes that omega 3 fatty acids improve heart health and reduce the risk of problems such as arrhythmias and heart disease.
* The cannabis seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids, and the ratio of omega-3 fatty acids to omega-6 fatty acids is healthy.
* Seeds are also rich in arginine, an amino acid that is converted to nitric oxide.
* Nitric oxide is important for dilating arteries and veins and helps keep the walls of blood vessels smooth and elastic.
* Lowering blood pressure, eating a healthy diet, and participating in a variety of sports all help reduce the risk of heart failure.
**3. Reduces inflammation | Hemp Seeds Benefits**
* The amount of omega-3 fatty acids in cannabis seeds and the healthy ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 in seeds work together to reduce inflammation. Hemp Seeds Benefits, Nutrition, Uses, and Side Effects
* Hemp seeds are also a rich source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), a polyunsaturated fatty acid that may also have anti-inflammatory properties.
* Some animal studies suggest that GLA can act as a potent anti-inflammatory agent. However, recent human studies suggest that acids are not always effective. According to a review of the
* European Journal of Pharmacology Trusted Source, humans process GLA in a very complex way. This may explain why human studies have different results than animal studies.
* When considering these studies, it is important to note that researchers typically use high concentrations of cannabis seed extract and the dramatic effects of seed intake may be small.
Reducing inflammation can relieve symptoms of chronic illnesses such as:
* Metabolic Syndrome
* Type 2 diabetes
* Heart disease
* Non-alcoholic fatty liver
**4. Improve skin conditions | Hemp Seeds Benefits**
* Atopic dermatitis (AD) and acne can both result from chronic inflammation. The anti-inflammatory compounds in hemp seeds may help. Hemp Seeds Benefits, Nutrition, Uses, and Side Effects
* Among other possible dietary causes, acne may be linked to Trusted Source a deficiency in omega3s. The high omega3 content in hemp seeds may help to manage and reduce acne symptoms.
* A 2018 review explored the effects of dietary changes on skin diseases. The authors have found evidence that ingesting more omega 3 fatty acids can improve acne symptoms, but more research is needed to determine the magnitude of the effect. The authors also suggest that prebiotics and plant fiber may help \manage the symptoms of AD. Cannabis seeds are a rich source of plant fiber.
5. Relieves rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease. The immune system attacks its own tissues, causing inflammation of the joints.
In 2014, a study of human cells found that hemp seed oil could have anti-rheumatic effects.
However, reliable sources in 2018 pointed out that there is no conclusive evidence that cannabinoids can effectively treat rheumatic diseases. The authors stated that further research is needed.
**What is the risk of consuming cannabis seeds?**
Risk factors are not related to the addictive effects of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) or seeds. The main concern is to eat seeds in moderation, as they are very high in nutrients such as fats that can gain weight in the long run. In addition, taking cannabis seeds with drugs such as anticoagulants should be avoided as the seeds can interfere with the effects on the body.
Based on the limited research and data currently available, it should be avoided during pregnancy and lactation. People who are known to be at risk of food allergies should be careful before ingesting cannabis seeds. Hemp Seeds Benefits, Nutrition, Uses, and Side Effects
**How is cannabis seeds consumed?**
Cannabis seeds can be consumed in the following ways:
Seeds can be added as the following ingredients:
* muesli or yogurt
* Cooked vegetables
* You can make hemp milk and add it to a variety of drinks
* Hemp flour can be made from water and consumed