Do you have those moments, where you just lay in bed thinking "who am I"? You are not alone. This is very common nowadays and it's more alarming. The feeling of not knowing who you are is unsettling. The younger generation is put on pressure to be the best and set that perfect tone for our future. When the case should be to accept the flaws and not know what the future might hold...I struggle with the unknown of what could have been and what would be.
I've come to realize that we are only human and can do so much. I sit and wonder day after day, "who am I" and "am I enough"? These are a few of the questions we ask ourselves day in and day out. These types of questions/thoughts are what break and even make an individual.
What I've come to understand is you need to put yourself aside and breathe! You have to put yourself first, love, respect, and value yourself in every way possible. You need to be strong! You need to see the beauty in every failure to know who you are. Sit back, think, and envision what is happening right now. What impact will you need to do to see YOU?
* Be alone. It's okay to have YOUR alone time. It's your time unwind from the outside world and social media.
* Think - Thinking is a way to understand what you truly need and see what is impacting you.
* Read - Reading is one of a very helpful tool to learn and understand yourself.
* Research - This tool can help to figure out the answers you're looking for; how to cope, how to understand your feeling and thoughts, how to find your inner self and love.
* Write - This is one of the most powerful tools you'll have. You are the creator of your story. You can change anything and truly value what it is you need. Writing is your freedom to express yourself. You have the power to make a change, adjust your future. Be the better version of yourself!
Someone once said to me, "getting your shit together requires a new level of honesty. There's nothing easy about realizing you're the one that's been holding you back this whole time." That hit deep. You don't believe it until it told to you by someone else.
Who am I? That is the question and thought we have all have, but only you can answer that...remember to never give up on anything. Trust your gut, show your true power, and above all always love yourself. Because if you don't, then who will?
Quotes to live by...
* "No one is you and that is your superpower."
* "What hurts today makes you stronger tomorrow."
* "Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people."
* "Today is your opportunity to build the tomorrow you want."
* "It's okay to break, but the most important thing is that you pick up the pieces."
* "Remember who you were excited to grow into."
* "Don't lose your spark putting out someone else's fire."
* "Everything is energy. Your thoughts begin it, your emotions amplify it and your action increases its momentum."
* "The more they under-estimate you, the greater their shock will be when you make it. So keep going, darling!
And this last quote is one to live by sunshine. Always remember you are truly an amazing, powerful, beautiful, strong, and extraordinaire.
* "You have a lot to live for so don't give up on yourself so easily."