I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU'RE FINALLY HERE!
2020 was something else! I tell you what! Good riddance and so long!
So, here is my letter for the new year...
As I'm sure you know, 2020 was not so friendly to humans all over the world... the world went more insane than I've ever seen before, people died, there was intense rioting all throughout my country, random fires were popping up all over the place, COVID cases kept increasing, it was the time of social distancing, it was the time of mask-wearing, nobody felt comfortable or safe, we had lockdowns, we had curfews, we had to quarantine at several different moments, and there were even killer hornets that randomly appeared. Oh, yes, that year really was something else. I'm so grateful it's over.
Thank you for arriving when you did!
However, we're not entirely out of the woods yet, but I do find myself quite optimistic for the future. Big things await you and me. I can just feel it!
So, here's the skinny:
First, I want to go over some general goals about what I can do for the world. I want to help create as much world peace as I can as a busy mom!
1) I'm going to focus on being grateful every single day. I don't ever want to take the joyous things or people in life for granted ever again.
2) I am going to continue my studies with my church and become more able as a human being.
3) I'm going to become a counselor to give back to the community in a way. I want the world to be safe, happy, and healthy. I want to help others get there when they need it. I want the world to heal this year. I really do.
4) I want to volunteer more when things calm down from COVID. Whether it's animals or people. I want to do everything I can to assist this planet. Let's really just be here for each other. 2020 kind of tore everyone apart. I want you, dear 2021, to help bring everyone back together.
Goals for myself:
5) I'm going to start some exercise programs (yoga, pilates, biking, maybe even jogging) just to get good blood circulation up in my body and feel a little more healthy. I want to be more grateful to be alive!
6) I want to get my eyes checked and officially get a license of my own. (I know I've been an adult for some time now and I've been procrastinating driving for my whole life, but I think it'd be so good to just get it done at this point).
7) I want to finish the baby books that I started when I was pregnant with my three-year-old. It'd be nice to complete those. I mean, just look at this cutie pie! I want him to always know how loved he is.
8) Being an artist is lots of fun. I want to find the time to paint a really cool picture this year!
9) Music is amazing!! I love it so much. I'd like to learn one song on the ukelele this year. I got one for my birthday last year and I've been doing a little here and there in the learning department, but I still got a little more ways to go before getting the hang of it. I believe that we can make this happen together, 2021. What do you say? I mean, it's just so cute and fun!
10) I absolutely LOVE writing! I've dreamt about being a published author damn near my whole life and, 2021, you're the year that this is going to officially happen! I just know that I can count on you! (and, well... me, of course. haha)
For the extended family:
11) I want to make more of an effort to visit family throughout the country. It's crazy how much you wish you would've done something when you had the chance. I just never knew that chance could be taken away from me. When things calm down more, I am definitely going to seize the opportunities as they arise!
12) I want to find out the histories of my grandmothers (from both, my mom and dad, sides) and make two books out of them so that their story will always live on. It's also a great way for me to spend more time with them.
13) Wherever we end up living, I want to have my family close by. I also want my best friend close by. Even if we leave this state (or country), I want all of my people with us (or at least a good percentage).
And, finally, the goals I have set aside for my household:
14) I am going to complete my schooling and create better financial stability for my family. I can work from home and still care full time for my toddler son! Accomplishing that, all while assisting businesses to get where they need to be.
15) We're going to move out of state into our very own home and it's going to be amazing! (It may not be like this one, but it's cute and in a safe neighborhood. That's what matters. Oh, and, it will be something we can create together rather than worrying about other opinions or following someone else's rules. It will officially be ours!)
16)I am going to become a better cook for my family and we're going to cut way down on eating out. Plus, I can experiment with healthier meals, too, and create a healthier lifestyle for my family. I want all of us to be safe, healthy, and well.
17) I want to go on a weekly date night with my family because this time is so precious. I want to make as many memories as I can with them and live a full and happy life. Who knows when my son will get tired of hanging out with mom and dad. I mean, he may not because some children don't, but a lot do. I want to soak up as much as I can while I can.
18) My husband and I will officially become debt-free! 2019 was financially rough for us and then, well, 2020 happened. We've been slowly getting a better handle on our finances, even so, but, sweet 2021, you are the year that we will fully dig ourselves out of this unpleasant hole.
19) I want to travel with my family. Gotta love making memories, right? I want us all to see the world and experience the great beauty out there. I've never been out of the country, personally, and my husband has only gone to Mexico and the Bahamas. He did those trips years ago, mind you, before we even met. My son has obviously never been out of the country either or even seen much within these borders. It would be so nice to go places with them. I couldn't imagine a better traveling group!
20) I want to build a savings account for my children so that they have something to start with as adults. Whether they want to buy a car, pay for a wedding, go to college, or even get their first place. I just want them to have a good head start on the rest of their lives. I love my babies!
21) And finally, this is the year I'm going to grow my family. My husband and I are planning to get pregnant soon and make my son a big brother. This is one of the best goals of all. I can't wait to meet my next child because the first one turned out so amazing and he would love having another little person in the house to play with. We have a lot of love to give and growing our family is just going to be that much more epic!
There you have it!
Here is my list of 21 goals for you, 2021! Together, I know we can make these happen! Last year was full of so much hardship, but, you? Why, you're full of hope! I appreciate you arriving when you did! We all needed you!
Thank you for being so beautiful full of hope!
Let's make this year count! Let's make our dreams come true and our wishes a reality!
Thank you, 2021, for listening! Let's do great things together!
I'm so excited to begin...
Here's to the happy road of 2021!