How to Reset Firestick Without Remote or WiFi
Firestick Reset Without Remote or WiFi
If you have bought an electronic device that saves data, with the passage of time it's getting slow and that’s normal. But there is the solution to make it like brand new, and that is resetting to factory condition. To reset the amazon fire stick to factory condition on remote, it’s simple.
But what if you have lost Amazon stick remote or have some internet issue and want to reset your device to factory condition. Then here you are at the right place, this article shows you how to reset an Amazon firestick without remote or wifi.
First Thing First: Resetting the amazon firestick to factory condition will erase all applications, data and will make a custom setting to default.
The following are some methods to reset firestick without remote or wifi.
Use TV Remote To Reset Firestick Without Remote or WiFi
You can control the amazon fire stick on your TV remote also if your TV has the cool feature HDMI-CC. The following are the steps to control the firestick using the TV remote.
- First, plug in the firestick to the power supply.
- If you don’t have an internet connection you would see a message on the screen like
“A network error has occurred, to check your device internet connection go to setting, network and follow the instructions. If the problem persists please contact amazon customer service’
- If your TV device has the HDMI-CEC feature, then you can easily control amazon firestick through that TV remote. Having this feature in your TV allows you to control the firestick without a firestick remote or wifi.
- Now go to all settings in your firestick.
- In the setting scroll down and then click on the connection.
- In connection turn on HDMI-CEC.
- Once the HDMI-CEC is ON now you can easily control the fire stick with your TV remote.
- Now, on the main screen of fire stick go setting.
- Scroll down in setting options and click on the “My File TV”
- Now click on the “Reset to Factory Default” in the drop-down list.
- Now click on the reset button on the screen. Once you click on the reset button, resetting the amazon firestick will start, as it will take a few minutes. After the reset is completed the fire stick will restart automatically.
The second method to reset firestick without WiFi or remote is to use USB mouse.
USB Mouse or Bluetooth Mouse
Using the USB mouse or Bluetooth is also the best way to reset the fire stick without a remote or wifi. As you connect the mouse, you will interact with a fire stick like a PC. The following are the steps to reset the fire stick using a USB mouse.
- Connect the USB mouse to the fore stick.
- Go to setting on the top screen and then click on My File TV.
- In the drop-down, list click on the “Reset to Factory Default”.
- A pop-up window will open, click on the reset button and firestick resetting will start. Once the reset process is complete, it will automatically restart.
You can also use an ethernet cable to do the same process if you don’t have a USB mouse.
Using 3rd Party App
You can also use 3rd party apps such as blink 2.04 for connecting the fire TV with your PC/laptop. To connect it you need to plug the power cord of the fire stick TV into the USB port of the laptop.
Similarly, there is another app Mobomarket which allows you to control your smartphone from a Windows computer. Because firestick runs on the Android concept so it can be controlled in Windows computers through the Mobomarket app.
So the above are the three methods you can use to reset firestick even if you don't have an internet connection or remote.