Hi everybody, and thank you for the support we have gotten from those who have embraced us so kindly! We’re slowly starting to get some more followers (again, thank you), and we figured we’d make it easy to peruse what we have written to date… all separated in nice categories.
We’ve had a very productive time here and have written some of our best work here, so we are hoping we can increase our following so we can stay here. For the short term, our presence may be decreased a bit.
Poetry has always been our favorite thing, and it is what we first started writing together four years ago, mostly heartful and simple free verse poems. We have also (more recently) even been experimenting with audio/video files to provide readings of some of our poems. Only two Top Stories for our poetry, which is disappointing. Clearly our style of poetry, though well liked elsewhere, is not appreciated by Vocal Media.
Our short story fiction has grown tremendously over the past several months, and we’ve been very happy with what we’ve accomplished there, at least with regard to the quality of our stories. We are thankful for the 5 Top Stories we achieved over the 7 months we’ve been here. Generally our best writing goes unrecognized.
We also experimented with talking directly to you through our blogs, revealing our craziness (mostly), but also our interest and knowledge of poetry. Vocal folks seem to appreciate this more than our fiction or poetry writing, with 6 top stories.
Unfortunately, we have not performed well here by almost any metric, except for in making friends and getting positive feedback on the quality of our writing. This is also important to us. However, Vocal doesn’t seem to “get us” and we don't have much of a following.
So, despite writing some of our best work on Vocal Media, it has become obvious that our writing (style, content, other?) is just not a great fit for Vocal Media. If this is as good as our best writing can do, then we don't belong here. That, plus the inability of Vocal Media to weed out AI (and the perplexing Top Stories that are AI), as well as the lack of transparency behind Top Story & Challenge winners, is a concern.
We aren’t leaving yet, but we are now exploring other platforms such as Instagram, TikTok and YouTube. Already, because of these other platforms, we are seeing an impact on our book sales, and friends on Medium who love our writing say we would have 10-times the popularity and support there. We’ll be here through March 2024, for certain, but the future is uncertain. [Regardless, we’ll continue to follow some of our favorites for a long time, as well as continuing our search to read authors here that we don't yet know.]
We hope you take the time to check out our writing. And we hope we can stay here without feeling we are wasting our time. If we ARE wasting our time, please feel free to let us know.
Pernoste & Dahl links:
Below you will find our writings, listed and categorized with links.
• Jadis, a ghost story (Broken Mirror Challenge) TOP STORY
• A dryad I? – TOP STORY
• Castle Treasure: a visit home (River Joy, Inner Child Challenge)
• Changed by a Poem (Feat. Raise your Voice 9/28/23)
• A perfect morning (a Jazzy G “Perfect” Challenge)
• Distracted by Madness: acrostic poem (Dancing with Distraction Challenge)
• What the world tells me (Ode to Ordinary Challenge)
• To love you not here (Short and Sweet Challenge)
• Can you love like that? (Short and Sweet Challenge)
• Tango: a love poem (Short and Sweet Challenge)
• Ridin’ with an Alien (Extraterrestrial Challenge)
• What else in life is there that’s real? (Extraterrestrial Challenge)
• Jazz interludes
---------- Howl into the nighttime
---------- The Sixes
• Sing to me & I’ll sing to you (Short and Sweet Challenge)
• I love you & I love you (Short and Sweet Challenge
• Under a blanket: acrostic poem (Dancing with Distraction Challenge)
• Mars: acrostic poem (Dancing with Distraction Challenge)
• The wrong bus (Jbaz “Silent thought’ Challenge) – TOP STORY
• The little girl who saved the Queen (LC Schafer “Challenge to the Death”)
• Different Worlds: a dystopian dream (Painted Prose Challenge)
Novel In Progress Excerpt (from Emmanations of Gaia)
• Elke - deleted
The Corbeau Family Novel
• Genevieve & Gabriella
------- Sisters in Silence, 1931 (Unspoken Challenge)
------- Jardin Caprice (1933)
------- Among the Strawberries (Sensational Challenge)
------- Ghosts and Memories (Painted Prose Challenge) – TOP STORY, Challenge Runner-up
-------- Synesthesia (Sensational Challenge)
• Annie & Dora
------- Fall on me – deleted
------- When the bright dawn was magic for us -deleted
------- A fish out of pancakes – deleted
------- Finding Ways – deleted
------- Annie's Story - TOP STORY
------- The magic of puppet hands
• Amelie & Dante
------- Writing on the Roof (Painted Prose Challenge)
The Mila Series
• In a last night – TOP STORY
Novel in Progress Excerpt (Taking Eden’s Eyes)
Novel Excerpt (from In the Minuses)
• The Big Pang Theory of the Creating of the Galaxy (Mythmaker Challenge) TOP STORY
• Pooh Bear in Wonderland (Tales Retold Challenge) – TOP STORY
• The Wonderful Annie of Oz (Vocal+ Assist Lost in a Story Challenge)
• Green Eggs & Ham & Pernoste (Vocal+ Assist Lost in a Story Challenge)
• The Tale of the Sun and the Earth and their Children (Mythmaker Challenge)
• The Olympians and the Creating of Man and Woman (Mythmaker Challenge)
• The Origins of True Love (Mythmaker Challenge)
BLOGS BY PERNOSTE & DAHL
• Stories in Poem: Verse novels and stories – TOP STORY
• Is it possible to enjoy poetry? – TOP STORY
• Explanation of a Verse Novel (about In the Minuses)
Pernoste & Dahl conversations
• The Art of Pernoste – TOP STORY
• 4 Month Report Card - TOP STORY
• Flurg pieces
------- Advice from an Alien
------- Another Pernostic Darmoftic
• Gardeners of the Heart: a memoir of the center of me (Chapters Challenge)
• Who is Anneliese Dahl? (Kayleigh’s Get to Know Me Challenge) TOP STORY
• The Two Faces of Pernoste (Kayleigh’s Get to Know Me Challenge)
• Lost Bird: a journey in writing (Writers Challenge)
• Ephemeral Beauties – TOP STORY
If you're curious, we've also been making some little videos of poetry readings so you have a chance to hear our poems in the way we intend them to be read. Enjoy.
Can you love like that?
If you can dare to love me
A perfect morning
A dryad I?
Aymma's Quest, and excerpt from our novel In the Minuses
Changed by a Poem
Thanks for the Shoes
Distracted by Madness
Excellent work. Looking forward to reading more!