Pilonidal Sinus – Types, Cost and How to Treat it
Pilonidal Sinus Treatment in Bengaluru
A pilonidal sinus or PNS is a small hole or tunnel in the skin and often occurs in the cleft at the top of the buttocks. It may fill with fluid or pus and usually contains hair, dirt, and debris. Sometimes, more than one cyst tends to develop, and get linked by tunnels under the skin. It can cause severe pain and can even become infected.
Pilonidal sinus mostly affects men and is sometimes also found in women but is more common in young adults. Moreover, it is more common in people who need to sit for long hours, like cab drivers, etc.
Pilonidal Sinus Treatment in Bengaluru
If you are diagnosed with one or more pilonidal cysts, a pilonidal sinus doctor in Bengaluru will suggest a treatment plan most suited to your individual case. Your doctor will ask several questions to understand the level of the problem. These questions may include:
• Did you undergo a pilonidal cyst before?
• Do you have other skin issues like an abscess or sinus in the buttock area?
• If you experienced a problem, how quickly did you recover?
Depending on the answers and the severity of your symptoms, the doctor will further decide on the action plan. They may suggest you:
• Draining the cyst: The doctor makes a small incision to open and drain fluid from the infected cyst. This procedure can usually be done in the clinic and requires only a few minutes.
• Injections: For this type of treatment, the doctor will inject phenol, a chemical antiseptic compound, into the cyst. This treatment will ultimately cause the lesion to harden and close. This procedure is effective to prevent mild and moderate pilonidal cysts.
• Antibiotics: Antibodies are provided to patients to treat skin inflammation. However, they provide instant relief but can’t heal pilonidal cysts on their own.
• Surgery: If you are suffering from a recurrence of pilonidal cysts or have more than one sinus tract, then surgery can be the best option. During this process, the surgeon will open the lesions, remove all the pus, and apply stitches to close the wound.
• Laser therapy: Pilonidal Sinus Treatment in Bengaluru use laser therapy to remove hair that might in-grow, and cause more pilonidal cysts to come back.
Is a Pilonidal cyst dangerous?
A pilonidal cyst is not fatal, although there are chances that it can pose several long-term issues. Some of the most prominent health risks include:
• A cyst can return in the same area or elsewhere. If it comes back, then you have a chronic pilonidal disease.
• You can go through a systemic infection where the infection spreads throughout your body and can be life-threatening.
• Although rare, a cyst can also be responsible for causing skin cancer.
Pilonidal cyst treatment cost in Bengaluru
Latest medical advancements have made it possible to treat pilonidal sinus at a much more affordable price. Laser surgery is considered the best among various pilonidal sinus treatment procedures. For example, the cost of pilonidal surgery in Bengaluru ranges between Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 1,20,000, while the average cost of treatment here is around Rs. 50,000.
To help patients from the financial burden of pilonidal surgery, most hospitals provide insurance coverage. In case you don't have health insurance, you can opt for medical loan services in Bengaluru. There are several loan financiers in Bengaluru who offer loans for medical treatment.
If you want to avail the facility of an instant loan in Bengaluru, then contact GMoney. This company offers emergency medical finance assistance for pilonidal treatment and all other medical facilities. These loans are easy to apply and can be repaid with zero-cost EMI and flexible tenure.
There are no comments for this story
Be the first to respond and start the conversation.