Users who try to gain to the Company files in QuickBooks may come across Error code 6069. Inadequate rights to access the company files and or a corrupted or damaged company file are the main instigators behind this error. Read the article till the end to get rid of QuickBooks error 6069. The error message may read: “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We apologize for the inconvenience.”
Main reasons that can spark QuickBooks Error 6069
- Incomplete QuickBooks installation.
- Antivirus software might be set up wrongly.
- There might be some unapproved third-party apps conflicting with QuickBooks.
- Excessive Temp files can lead to this error.
Different fixes for QuickBooks Error Code 6069
This error occurs when there is an issue with the company file or if the file is open in single-user mode. Here are some steps you can take to fix such error:
Fix 1: Add QuickBooks as a trusted program
Users should add QuickBooks as an exception in their antivirus software and Windows Firewall as their first and most important action.
Fix 2: Use chkdsk command in command prompt
- Click on the Start menu.
- Enter "cmd," right-click the icon, and choose "Run as Administrator."
- Hit the Enter key after typing "chkdsk" into the command prompt.
- The scan will begin, and depending on how much disc space is taken, it might take a while.
- After you're done, restart your computer.
- Make an attempt to open the Company file that was showing Error 6069.
Fix 3: Rectify the extension of the Company File
- Proceed to the QuickBooks folder.
- Search for the company file facing the error in the QuickBooks folder.
- Double-check if the company files ends in the .qbw extension.
- If not, alter the extension.
Fix 4: Use QB Database Server Manager
- Click the Start button and type "database."
- Open the QuickBooks Database Server manager.
- If the same doesn’t show up, download and install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the official Intuit website.
- Run the tool and click on Scan folders option.
- Afterward, choose Add folder.
- Select the Company file folder and start the scanning procedure.
- Restart QuickBooks and access the company file after the scan is finished.
- If everything goes according to plan, QuickBooks Error 6069 should be resolved.
Fix 5: Delete Temporary Files
- Hit on the Start button and type "cleanmgr."
- Open the Disc Clean up Tool.
- Select the C Drive and check mark the option besides the temporary files.
- Proceed with the disc cleanup process.
- Once finished, restart QuickBooks.
Fix 6: .ND and .TLG Files should be renamed
- Right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Next, click Properties, then select the Open File Location tab.
- Find the .ND and .TLG files in the QuickBooks folder and Rename them one by one. Just add ..old at the end of the filename.
- Restart QuickBooks.
- Reopen the company files through QuickBooks.
Fix 7: Uninstall third-party conflicting programs
- Launch the Control Panel from the start menu.
- Open Programs and Features.
- Select the conflicting programs and then opt for Uninstall.
- After removing all the incompatible software, restart the computer.
- Try again to access the same company file that was displaying such error.
- Hopefully, the error should be fixed by now.
Fix 8: Manually resolve the error
- Restart QuickBooks and your computer. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve the issue.
- Check if the company file is open in single-user mode. If it is, switch to multi-user mode. Go to the File menu and select "Switch to Multi-User Mode.
- Make sure that all users have logged out of the company file. If any users are logged in, ask them to log out.
- Check if any updates are available for QuickBooks. If there are, download and install them.
- If the issue persists, try copying the company file to a new location and then opening it. Go to the File menu, select "Utilities," and then choose "Copy Company File for QuickBooks Online." Save the file to a new location and then try to open it.
- If none of the above steps work, you may need to restore a backup of your company file or contact the support team for further assistance.
Having visited the multiple fixes, we hope that the walkthrough helped users fix QuickBooks Error Code 6069. If you are still facing any technical issues, just reach out to our QuickBooks desktop error support team of experts at 1-800-761-1787.