How to Create an Engaging Yahoo Blog
Instructions for Creating One and How to Gain a Following
Much like WordPress.com, Yahoo has a feature that lets users create their own free blogs that don’t require any knowledge in web design. Most blogs tend to focus on specific topics, although you don’t have to limit yourself to a select few if you’ve got many interests. Blogs are used for many purposes, such as businesses, job portfolios, academics, personal diaries, or a mixture of these.
How to Create a Yahoo Blog
If you’ve got a Yahoo account and are interested in starting a blog, these are the simple steps you take:
- Sign in to your account and click on “My Blog” at the top of the page. Here, you’ll be able to customize your blog’s appearance.
- You will answer questions that determine the overall theme and design of your blog. You will also have the opportunity to create your blog’s title and tagline.
- Once you’ve established your blog’s look, you’re ready to start blogging. To write your first entry, select “Compose a New Blog Entry” near the top of the page. The large text box will be where you write your content.
- Above that text box, you’ll see a thin, rectangular text box where your title for the blog post will go. Once you’ve finished filling in your content and title, you may choose to publish it.
- You have the option to click on “View Blog” to find out what your blog will look like to other users and how much of it can be viewed, depending on your privacy settings. What’s great about Yahoo blogs is that anyone can leave comments on your posts, so you might consider passing on your blog URL to anyone who you’d like to follow your blog regularly. This is so that they can interact with you and help you increase traffic to your content.
Now that you’ve got the basics covered, it’s time to think about how to get your site noticed. After all, the point of content writing is to share potentially valuable information and ideas with your online readership, which may benefit from the insight and even services you have to offer.
How to Make the Blog Engaging
- Tackle subject matter people care about. Think about what is trending in terms of discussion in your community. Maybe you’ve made some observations that you’d want to address. Chances are, there are people who’d want to partake in the discourse, especially if you find that you’re talking to others about particular issues, whether they involve politics or employment, among other socio-economic matters. Definitely consider producing qualitative posts that highlight your insights. You may even want to include sources, such as the people you talk to and what the literature is saying on a given topic.
- Take advantage of media, culture, and consumerism. With YouTube on the rise, subscribers relish in tutorials and reviews on anything related to products, entertainment, and lifestyle. If you’ve got any particular skills or experiences, this is the time to showcase them and capitalize on trends. You can give advice, for example, on specific trades, cooking and healthy recipes, skin care and cosmetology, fashion, and fitness. As well, you could give your opinion and analysis on cultural patterns as they pertain to film, music, literature, and gaming, among other large industries.
- Search engine optimization is key. Always pay attention to trending keywords on search results whenever you go to Google for any given content. Make sure to use them as often as possible in your work so that your blog can rank higher in search results. It will also help if you promote your blog and particularly relevant and informative articles on popular social networking sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Tumblr. For these reasons, it is recommended that you keep your blog public in order to gain a substantial following.