Discord Overlay Not Working [Solved Easily]
Ways To Solve Error "Discord Overlay Not Working"
If you are a gamer then definitely you love discord. Because it provides amazing features for gamers streaming their gameplay at a smoother pace. Also, it allows users to communicate with discord friends while playing a full-screen game.
But during gameplay, if you face the error “Discord Overlay not working” what you will do?
There are many causes behind this problem and in this article, I will show you all the possible solutions. So, if one doesn’t work for you then you can try the next one. And I am sure that one will solve the “discord overlay not working” error.
The solutions to this issue are the following.
You Must Enable In-game Overlay In Discord
Enabling in-game overlay in discord is the first solution to this issue. If you have not enabled in-game overlay in discord, you will face the issue of “discord overlay not working”. To enable in-game overlay follow the below steps.
- First, download the discord app on your PC and then click on gear setting bottom left side.
- After clicking on the setting icon, navigate to “Game Overlay” (Not available when you are using discord on the browser).
- Click on Game Overlay and turn on the in-game overlay feature for the game you play.
Open Discord as Administrator
This is the easiest way to solve the issue “Discord overlay not working issue”. A lot of time this issue can be solved from this and the above methods. Follow the below steps
- Type in the window search bar “Discord”
- As you see the discord app in the result right-click on it and select “Run As Administrator”
If it solves the issue then you have to “run the app as administrator” all the time. And to do this follow these steps.
- Right-click on Discord Icon on desktop and select properties.
- Choose the compatibility tab on the pop-up window, and check Run this program as administrator. And then click OK.
Run the game and check either the issue has been fixed or not.
Discord Hardware Acceleration
The cause behind the issue “Discord overlay not working” sometimes is that you have turned on the discord hardware acceleration feature. This feature uses the sound card and GPU to make discord run smoothly. So, try to turn off the Discord Hardware Acceleration feature and check that if the error is fixed.
- Open discord on desktop and click on setting at the bottom left side.
- On a left side panel select “Advanced Tab”.
- Inside the Advanced Tab disable the Hardware Acceleration feature. ( If you can’t see the Hardware Acceleration feature here then check in Appearance Tab).
Now restart your game and check if the error is fixed or not.
Temporarily Disabled Other Software’s
The error “Discord overlay not working” is sometimes due to multiple software (applications) running on your system while using discord. So, when using discord, temporality disables unnecessary applications to fix an error. Not only discord but applications having features like overlay, access to microphones, screen recording can cause this issue.
Reinstalling Discord App
Reinstalling the discord app is the final solution to this error. Uninstall the discord application from your PC and then install it from the discord official website will fix the issue. To uninstall the discord from your PC, just type in a search bar of window discord. Once you see discord in the result right-click on it and click on Uninstall.
Once the uninstallation process is complete then download the new discord app for PC. To download the discord app just go to the discord official website and log in using your email and password. And click on download for Windows, the download will start automatically.
Once it downloads use the same email and password to login into the desktop version of discord and Enjoy Gameplay on Full Screen.
I hope This Helps You