This article is dedicated to providing solutions on how to repair SQL Server database files. In this technical write-up, we explain a manual approach as well as an automated solution recommended by technical professionals. Along with that, we discuss the potential reasons why SQL Server Database files corrupt and thus, need repairing. So, without further ado, let’s get started with the blog and see which solution best fits your requirements.
Potential Reasons for SQL Server Database File Corruption
- A sudden power cut may cause corruption in the SQL Server database file.
- SQL Server database headers may suddenly render corrupt.
- Possible bugs in SQL Server database or installed programs.
- A user tried to manipulate added information in their SQL Server account.
- One accidentally deleted their SQL Server data and components.
- The hardware failed while the SQL Server was working.
- Virus attack on SQL Server-hosted computer.
- Corruption could occur when updating the old SQL Server to the latest version.
As you see, all these reasons could be the potential cause of your SQL Server database file corruption. Now that we are clear on the causes, how can one repair their SQL Server database file?
To accomplish the task, we have shared both a manual solution as well as an automated software further in the blog. So, let us see how both methods unfold.
Manually Repair SQL Server Database Files with SSMS Backup
- Run SSMS [SQL Server Management Studio] on your computer.
- Click on Object Explorer and expand databases folder.
- Select and right-click on the SQL database that you want to repair, then select the “restore database” option.
- Select “From Device” >> “Browse” under source for the restore section.
- Upon doing so, select “Backup Media Type” and click on “Add” to continue further.
- Choose the Backup file you want to restore and click OK.
- After that, the backup file will be listed on the Database Restore Window.
- Choose “Select a page” >> “options” from Restore Database Wizard.
- Now, select one of the checkboxes under the restore options and click OK.
So these are the steps to manually repair SQL Server database files using SQL Server Management Studio [SSMS]. If you cannot use SSMS or this method seems unfeasible to you, check out the next manual solution in the following segment.
Repair Corrupt SQL Database File Using DBCC CHECKDB
To perform this method, first open and run SSMS [SQL Server Management Studio] and follow the instructions provided. Here are 5 phases of this manual solution that you need to execute one by one.
- Set your SQL Server database to emergency mode.
- Now, using DBCC CHECKDB, check the errors of SQL Server database.
- Set SQL database on Single User mode.
- Fix corruption in SQL Server database.
- Set SQL Server database as multi-user mode.
Unfortunately, this procedure to repair corrupted SQL Server database is extremely lengthy and complicated to perform. Thus if you find it complex to execute, you can head to the next segment which involves the automated solution for a smooth and hassle-free process.
Expert Solution on Repairing SQL Database File
For the expert-recommended solution, I have mentioned none other than the incredible SysTools SQL Recovery Tool. The astonishing utility proficiently repairs corrupt SQL Server database files in a hassle-free way. Its interface is incredibly easy to navigate and thus, even novice users can use this tool without any issues. Along with that, the tool provides its users with a myriad of features and added benefits that make the repairing process easy to understand and execute for users. This tool supports recovering SQL databases in all versions including the latest SQL Server 2022.
Steps to Repair SQL Server Database Files Using the Automated Tool
- Launch and run the expert-recommended utility on your computer and click Open to upload the corrupted SQL Server database file.
- After doing that, choose either Quick or Advanced scan mode according to your preference.
- While the tool thoroughly scans your uploaded file, it will simultaneously show you its details as well.
- Once done with the scanning procedure, the utility will preview the contents of the uploaded file in the dedicated panel.
- Lastly, click on the Export button and choose your preferred export option from the provided.
And that is all for the quick and hassle-free tutorial on how to repair SQL Server database files using the automated software recommended by technical professionals. Not only the tool is extremely proficient in handling the task, it also provides a plethora of incredible features to its users. We have mentioned the said features in the following segment of this article.
Benefits You Get with the Software
- The utility repairs SQL Server database files in a secure and proficient manner.
- Upon loading the files, it autodetects their SQL Server version.
- Along with that, it allows users to manually select the SQL version of their uploaded files as well.
- It provides Quick and Advanced scan modes that thoroughly scan user-uploaded files.
- Upon scanning the files, the tool displays all its contents in the dedicated preview panel.
- It also provides the option to preview deleted records from the scanned files as well.
- Offers users three different options to export their scanned and repaired SQL Server database files.
So There You Have It
In this article, we shared various solutions on how to repair SQL Server database files. We shared two manual methods and one automated utility to accomplish the task. Unfortunately, users deem the manual methods too complicated to perform. Hence, experts recommend that users go for the above-mentioned automated utility to successfully repair corrupted SQL Server database files.