Criminal Investigation Now
Request for the FAA to forward the massive counterfeiting Boeing safety parts to LEA with no further delay
U.S. And China Must Strengthen Cooperation To Combat Counterfeiting Boeing Safety parts per 1.19 of newly signed Trade Agreement.
The matter was mishandled by both the FAA and the Chinese law enforcement agencies so far. As a result, the safety threat has not been removed.
A new request is filed to the FAA focal point 2020-2-5
From: chaosheng shi
Time: 2020-2-5 10:32
To: A.Westrom ; T.Frishe-Jr; V.Murray; D.Atherton
CC: hotline.oig.dot; L.Lunsford; steve.dickson; faasafety.faa
Subject: Re-Request for the FAA to forward the NHJ/Moog Case to LEA with no further delay.
Dear Mr. A. Westrom,
I am writing you as you and your team have been the communication focal persons for the FAA since March, 2016 on my complaint of a massive counterfeiting Boeing safety parts of flight control system which were knowingly sourced by Moog Aircraft from a verified Chinese supplier-NHJ.
The past FAA investigations were mishandled at least not forwarding it to the LEA for a criminal investigation. I filed a new complaint FHIS-0011095 on 2018-10-23 with more new compelling evidences to the FAA safety hotline on the extraordinary SUP case, but there has been no response till this writing point.（see attachment 3 below）
I have repeatedly asked the FAA to do it according to the FAA SUP orders. I wrote a letter to Ms Lunford of the FAA spokeswoman reminding her of that the NHJ/Moog case was knowingly removed from the SUP record, a criminal investigation is and must be in place. However there is no response so far.(see attachment 2 below)
I wrote a letter to Mr. Steve Dickson, the new FAA administrator 2020-1-7 asking Mr. Dickson to personally look into my continuing complaints that FAA should and must work with LEAs both in U.S. and China to have the NHJ/Moog case investigated in terms of criminology and the real FAA enforcement action taken which is to remove all safety sensitive SUPs made by NHJ. (See attachment 1 below)
Unfortunately I did not receive a response from the FAA to any of my above mentioned requests making me feel my communications went to wrong place. Therefore I write you now hoping you can respond me ASAP.
In case you no longer work on my complaints, please you or any of your team forward this communication to whoever in the FAA for him/her to contact me with no further delay. I have yet more new concreate evidences indicating NHJ massive counterfeiting was colluded by Moog.
Afterall, the massive Boeing safety threat is not removed posing grave safety risks to flying public even today.
Cell & whatsapp:+86 xxxxxxxxxxxx
Email: [email protected]
Attachment 1. Letter to Mr. Steve Dickson
From: chaosheng shi
Time: 2020-1-7 19:24
To: 'L.Lunsford;'steve.dickson;'faasafety.' ; 'faahotline'
Subject: Letter to FAA administrator-Mr. Steve Dickson
Dear Mr. Dickson,
Congratulation to your taking over the FAA leadership since August,2019.
Flying public and aviation world have witnessed tremendous changes in treating growing Boeing's checklist of safety issues, more and more hidden Boeing safety issues are being exposed and dealt with. These are all great improvement that certainly contribute to rebuild public confidence on the safety of Boeing planes.
My name is Charles Shi, a global US aviation employee, since January,2016, I have been 2016 whistleblowing a massive Boeing safety threat brought by a verified Chinese counterfeiting supplier of Moog Aircraft. The matter was mishandled by the FAA investigation because the FAA even refused to pass on the SUP case to the law enforcement agencies .for criminal investigation per your own procedures. The FAA did not respond or investigate my new complaint with bombshell new evidences . As a result, the safety threat has not been removed so far due to the FAA inaction.
I have complained to the former FAA administrators since 2016 without receiving any response:
1. I wrote 2016-10-31 a letter to Mr. Michael Huerta requesting the FAA pass on the matter to law enforcement agencies for criminal investigation , but it went to deaf dear.
2. I wrote an open letter 2019-8-31 when the FAA spokeswoman Ms. Lunsford relied to a US journalist question: “The agency has historically sent all SUP investigations involving suspected criminal conduct to law enforcement agencies for their review. The FAA now also sends all SUP cases to law enforcement agencies, regardless of whether criminal conduct is suspected.” I reminded the FAA that among the 223 SUP cases from 2014-2018, minor cases were sent to LEA for criminal investigation, but my case which is a massive knowingly organized counterfeiting Boeing safety parts was knowingly removed from SUP records and not sent to LEA despite my repeatedly appeals over the years.
I informed the FAA that I risked my life by filing a criminal complaint to Chinese law enforcement in middle of 2018. However the case is being mishandled by corrupted Chinese police from Suzhou city. Despite the key criminal fact verified, the police refused to bring charges against the verified Chinese counterfeiter. The police even gave all case files to the suspect before the criminal investigation ends.
My call for the FAA to take initiative to coordinate a real criminal investigation went nowhere.
Having said above, I sincerely hope you as the new FAA administrator can personally look into the matter and order a re-investigation working together with law enforcement both in US and China. Afterall, the massive Chinese counterfeit safety parts must be removed to ensure Boeing planes are truly safe to fly.
Looking forward to prompt response from you or your designated officials.
Attachment 3 Request the FAA send the case to LEA for criminal investigation-open letter
From: chaosheng shi <[email protected]>
Time: 2019-8-13 13:57
To: L.Lunsford; 'faahotline; hotline.oig.dot
Subject: Request the FAA send the case to LEA for criminal investigation-open letter
My name is Charles Shi, the whistleblower Mr. Volpe mentioned in his communication with the FAA a day early.
1. I want to say that the matter I brought to the FAA 3 year ago was knowingly mishandled by the designated FAA investigator and the safety threat was not dealt with at all. Instead it was covered up.
2. See please also attached key criminal fact with compelling evidence presented.
4. I noted that you responded Mr Volpe by talking about the FAA SUP case management. See the attached the FAA SUP case records file obtained by Judicial Watch. Among the 223 SUP cases from 2014-2018, minor cases were sent to LEA for criminal investigation, but my case which is a massive knowingly organized counterfeiting Boeing safety parts, recorded on page 25, was knowingly removed from SUP records and not sent to LEA despite my repeatedly appeal over the years.
5. I re-filed the complaint providing the FAA with more evidences in 2018, however I did not even get a response until this writing point. Can you have a check why the FAA has been ignoring the whistleblower’s complaint based on fact?
I sincerely wish that the FAA changes the way handling the whistleblower’s cases with the new Administrator Stephen Dickson leading the FAA, I urge that my case will be reviewed immediately. Currently the case is being mishandled by corrupted Chinese police from Suzhou city,the police even gave all case files to the suspect before the criminal investigation ends. An appeal for order by President Xi was raised
I hope through the cooperation of US-Sino law enforcement, the NHJ counterfeiting will be uncovered very soon and the Moog fraud covering up the Chinese counterfeiting is dealt with. In the meantime, more international media attention is being called upon. US and China are ruled by law, counterfeiting is a crime that must be dealt with!
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Lunsford, Lynn (FAA) <Lyngov>
Date: Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: Message from www.faa.gov: Email FAA HQ Public Affairs
Cc: 9-ATO-AOC-PressOffice (FAA) <9-ATO-AOC-Prea.gov>
These allegations surfaced up a couple of years ago and got a fair amount of attention at the time.
Please source as an FAA Statement or from an FAA spokesman:
The FAA closed its Moog investigation into Mr. Shi’s allegations. The agency determined the corrective action defined by Moog and Boeing associated with the open substantiated allegation was appropriate to address the related issues identified in the investigation. The FAA investigation determined unsafe conditions did not exist.
Here is our more general statement on unapproved parts and our efforts in recent years to address the situation:
The FAA oversees the design and production of hundreds of millions of aviation products and parts each year. More than two decades ago, the agency developed an enhanced Suspected Unapproved Parts (SUP) program, which resulted in a marked decrease in SUP cases. In rare instances where the FAA determines SUPs have entered the system, we issue corrective measures that mandate timely action by affected owners and operators. FAA inspectors perform follow-up surveillance of all corrective actions that aircraft owners and operators, and aircraft manufacturers and parts manufacturers, take in response to SUP cases. The FAA takes appropriate enforcement action when we are able to substantiate SUP allegations. The agency has historically sent all SUP investigations involving suspected criminal conduct to law enforcement agencies for their review. The FAA now also sends all SUP cases to law enforcement agencies, regardless of whether criminal conduct is suspected.
Also, here is a link to an OIG audit on the issue from 2017. We concurred with all of the recommendations. The agency’s response is in the appendix.
FAA Mid-States Division
On Aug 12, 2019, at 8:37 AM, "mvomail wrote:
This email was sent through the Federal Aviation Administration's public website. You have been contacted via an email link on the following page: www.faa.gov/news/contact_information/
my name is M. Volpe and I have been speaking with a Moog whistleblower. He told me that Moog put approximately 500 counterfeit parts of a spoiler into Boeing planes. That Moog, Boeing and the FAA all covered it up. Here is a blog post he wrote,
I am doing a show this evening; I was hoping for something before then.
Attachment 3. Email requesting the FAA respond to new complaint.
From: chaosheng shi
Time: 2019-1-25 8:42
To: 'chaosheng shi' <[email protected]>; 'faahotline' ; 'hotline.oig.dot
Subject: Status on FHIS-0011095 / Re-file a complaint on a matter of massive counterfeiting Boeing plane safety parts
FAA safety Hotline,
It has been 3 months since I filed the new complaint on a massive counterfeiting Boeing plane safety parts with many compelling evidentiary exhibits not filed before. I have not received a response so far. Please advise me if FAA is investigating on my complaints or If FAA decides not to re-open the investigation or FAA decides not to pass on the counterfeiting tips to law enforcement agencies for criminal investigation, please tell me why before or no later than January 30th,2019.
Sender: chaosheng shi
Time: 2018-10-31 16:27
Subject: Re-file a complaint on a matter of massive counterfeiting Boeing plane safety parts
FAA safety hotline, OIG hotline,
This is to re-file a complaint referring to FAA Case # EWB 16590 requesting;
1. Immediate FAA action to pass on related information to and work with law enforcement agencies for criminal investigation.
2. FAA's order of Airworthiness Directive requesting Boeing and Moog Aircraft to remove all SUPs made by Chinese supplier -NHJ ASAP.
An Onenote file with some key exhibits embed shall be forwarded to you by separate email.
Reason for Request
I, Charles Shi(Chaosheng, a Chinese national), worked as East Asia Supply Chain Manager of Moog Aircraft from 2006 for 10 years. Since January 2016 I acted as an FAA whistle blower exposing a massive safety threat concerning made-in-China OEM counterfeit safety parts knowingly installed by Moog Aircraft on flight control systems of some 500 Boeing planes, mainly B737 and B777.
FAA past investigations failed to refer the matter to law enforcement agencies both in US and China for criminal investigation in spite of objective and compelling evidences submitted inclusive Moog internal memos, corroborative witness testimonial statements by tape recordings and transcripts indicating that the matter was an outright organized counterfeiting and cover-up operations which are criminal.
In responding to latest inquiry(see attached below) by US Congressman Hon. Mast, without doing anything or looking at new information submitted, FAA only upheld its previous position which was extremely erroneous and misleading.
1. FAA did not conduct any independent investigation, not to mention a thorough one.
2. My job was wrongfully terminated abruptly in January,2016, so I did not possess many evidences in the form of Moog internal memos, since FAA closed its investigation by November,2016, Moog released to me 120 internal memos, many of them evidenced my allegations which were ignored or distorted by the FAA careless investigator. Moog either concealed the material evidences or FAA investigator intentionally ignored them. This in one of the reasons FAA wrote its erroneous and misleading reports. Some key Moog memos are embed with this complaint filing to support my request.
3. FAA did not even talk and verify any allegations with direct witness both inside and outside Moog. FAA decisions on my allegations were not based on fact and truth.
4. FAA substantiated 2 violations are much worse and fatal than FAA concluded.
5. Independent U.S. Journalists had exclusive findings on Moog/NHJ forgery on non-existent GMT material lots which was not included in the original Moog audit. Moog internal suspect registered a shell company in 2015 suspected of receiving kick-backs from Chinese suppliers.
6. Moog top executive leaked my FAA whistle blowing information to the internal suspect endorsing his collusion with NHJ tampering and destroying evidences. This allegation should have been referred to FBI for criminal probe which was intentionally rejected and covered up by FAA investigator.
Latest fatal accidents of Boeing 737 planes should serve as a wake-up call for Action!
In recent months, there were 3 B737-800 skidding off runway, these accidents/incidents might have something to do with block of spoiler failures. Moog is the exclusive supplier B737 spoiler and NHJ was the supplier for the single point of failure of Blocking of 737 spoiler since 2015 for two years.
While fatal accidents are investigated and loss of life is grieved, the massive counterfeiting brought by the verified Chinese counterfeiting supplier can not simply be ignored or covered up. Therefore, the request for criminal investigation and removal of all SUPs is submitted.
I wish to be contacted for any questions and verifications ASAP.
Cell & whatsapp:+86 17717283030
Email: [email protected]