As long as marriage has been the center of important passages in our lives, brides have taken the name of their betrothed. Although the percentages have slightly decreased, Psychology Today and a Google poll confirm that 80% of brides still continue this condition. Even a small portion of the remaining 20% of brides choose to take their spouse’s last name by hyphening. Regardless of percentages, the task of changing your last name is a very daunting task for all who choose this route.
As a professional in the wedding industry, I sometimes forget that engaged couples, and basically everyone that does not work in this industry, is not super familiar with all of the wedding vocabulary. One of two terms that fall into the most confused category just so happen to be my specialty. Clients and other vendors mix up Wedding Planner and Day-of Coordinator. So, if you’re raising your hand as a member of the “I’m confused” category, don’t fret! Allow me to clear some things up.
Chargers, candles, napkins, dinnerware, glasses, and more. If you wanted to knock the socks off of your wedding guests, you probably acquired all, or most, of these items to bring that stellar vision of yours to life. You could have rented many of these items, or borrowed from your newlywed mates. But if you’re a DIY bride, like so many are, you thought, “hey, I can buy those same glasses for $1 at Dollar Tree instead of renting for about the same price.” Well, you weren’t wrong, my dear… but I’m pretty sure once you woke up from your freshly-married, blissful daze, only one thing came to your mind (and probably your mother’s):
Oh, how we love our sweet, four-legged babies. With their soft fur (on their bodies and all over our couches), innocent eyes, playful spirits, and unconditional love and loyalty, how could you not want them with you for every important moment of your life? The traditional adjective for dogs tends to be “Man’s Best Friend,” but let’s be honest, dogs are everyone’s best friend. My little fella is definitely number one on my list.
It’s the end of 2018 and I think we can all agree we’re ready for it. If you’re like me, that rent increase, heavy car note, and surprise medical bills are just the lint-covered cherry on top of a stale cake. Millennials and older generations alike are on the hunt more than ever for some extra bucks without requiring too much extra time in exchange, because let’s be honest, our days are already filled with enough day jobs and side hustles.
Let’s be honest—the first thing on your mind, once you get past the shock and tears of your engagement and that gorgeous ring on your finger, is “Where are we going to do this thing?!” Venue selection is certainly an exciting adventure, but don’t be fooled—the task can get pretty stressful if you’re not prepared. Selecting a venue takes more than picking the one that’s seemingly cheaper or the one that looks the prettiest in pictures online. So, before you go and put that down payment on the first one you look at, make sure you keep these other small, but important factors in mind.