How To Change IMEI Number Of Andriod Devices With-Without Root
Change IMEI Number (Multiple Methods)
IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number is a 15 or 17 digit unique identification or serial number for each smartphone which is printed on the backside of the phone below the battery. You can also find the IMEI number of your phone on the Phone’s packaging box.
In this article, I will show you some methods you can change IMEI number permanently on your android phone with and without rooting your device.
How To Change IMEI Number Without Root?
Many people ask the question like how to change the IMEI number so here is the following methods you can use to change mobile IMEI number without root.
Methods 1 IMEI Change without Root
There are many ways to change the IMEI number of android phones without root. Here are the steps of the first method.
- Dial *#7465625# or *#*#3646633#*#* in your phone's dial pad.
- On your Android smartphone, you will be directed to Engineer Mode.
- Tap on Connectivity from the drop-down menu next to Hardware.
- After Wi-Fi CTIA, you can now see CDS Details, which is at the bottom of the page.
- To change your IMEI number, select the top third option, Radio Information in Process.
- Now, if your phone has two SIM cards, you can change the IMEI numbers of both or either one of them.
- Now you can see IMEI number 1 for Sim 1 and IMEI number 2 for SIM 2. Now you can change IMEI number whatever you want either SIM 1 or SIM 2, by replacing it with any new number you want to be your new IMEI.
- Tap on send to save changes.
Method 2 IMEI Change Without Root
This method is about Using IMEI Changer Apps to change it.
In this method, you can change the Android IMEI Number for MTK Devices using the IMEI changer app named mobile uncle. This method works for MTK devices like the Realme 1, Nokia 5.1 Plus, and others. You don't really need to root your phone for this method. So, let's see how to change IMEI number on an Android phone.
- First, download the Mobile Uncle App on your android phone from the play store. As you can see in the above screenshot.
- Open the mobile uncle app on an android phone and then Navigate to the Engineer tab and select the Engineer Mode (MTK) option.
- Scroll down and take a look for the CDS Information option, then tap on it and then select the radio information option.
- Now, choose Radio Information from the drop-down menu.
- You'll see two choices labeled Phone 1 and Phone 2 on your screen,. Select Phone 2 from the drop-down list.
- After selecting the Phone 2 option, you will see a new AT+ option. Now replace the AT+ with your new android IMEI number e.g “AT+ (Space) New IMEI number”. Note: It's indeed mandatory to provide space.
- Now To save your settings, tap on SEND AT COMMAND.
- To check your new android IMEI number that it is changed or not. Dial *#06# and if you see the new IMEI number then you have changed successfully.
How To Change IMEI Number With Root
Yes, it is possible that your device IMEI change with root but in these methods, you have to download third-party IMEI changer apps.
Through the following methods, you can change the android IMEI number permanently but first, you have to root your android device. You will also need to download the following IMEI number changer apps.
- Xposed Installer APK
- Xposed IMEI Changer App
- First, your android device must be rooted.
- Dial *#06# on your phone's keypad to obtain your smartphone's IMEI number and note it.
- Download the IMEI change app on your android device. (Xposed Installer APK).
- Restart your android device or do it on the Xposed Installer APK app.
- Open the IMEI Changer App after restarting the device. It will show your phone's current IMEI number. To change it, press the New IMEI Number box, type the preferred number, and then click the Add button to save the changes.
- Restart your device once again. To see if the IMEI changes have occurred, dial *#06# in your keypad and check to see if the IMEI number has changed or not.
So that’s all methods to follow if you want your IMEI number change with and without root.